VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 22, 2018, 06:23 PM

Default Why no Skyward Sword OST?

It has some of the most beautiful music in the Zelda series. I never even played the game and I would call it one of the best Nintendo soundtracks of all time.

So why won't Nintendo release it??

I just can't believe they would record all that music with an orchestra and not put any of it on CD. I have tried listening to the gamerip audio and it sucks. Many cues have weird fade ins and some don't even finish. We need a proper release. Is there anything fans can do?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 06:58 PM

Skyward Sword was unfortunately *right before* Nintendo started doing regular soundtrack releases again. Maybe someday they'll do an HD port or remake and take the opportunity to come out with an album.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:29 PM

oh brother...
Old Aug 2, 2018, 04:01 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aifread View Post
Skyward Sword was unfortunately *right before* Nintendo started doing regular soundtrack releases again. Maybe someday they'll do an HD port or remake and take the opportunity to come out with an album.
I'd say this is most likely at this point. I wouldn't be surprised with Skyward Sword HD for the Switch.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:44 AM

Awkward Sword is a great game imo, even with the idiosyncratic control and motionplus requirement. It would be much more playable on Switch, perhaps rejigged to take advantage of Breath of the Wild's innovations ~ I am sure Nintendo have thought about it. Music is great indeed, and in many varied styles, probably because of so many composers being involved. I particularly like the Silent Realm bgms, and this beauty.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:21 AM

Skyward Sword is a really great game and the motion controls added much to the usual formula. But music was really taking flight there ! There was one orchestral cue in Twilight Princess (the intro sequence) but orchestra was really, for the first time in the series, part of this Legend of Zelda adventure in Skyward Sword. I would buy an album instantly of course.