VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:35 AM

I'm planning to credit all the musicians involved in these Yamato albums, I have uploaded some scans of the old LP's and I'll keep on doing it.

dancey already did all the hard work and these old albums share the same credits, so I'm not going to duplicate his effort. What I'm going to do is to discuss only the 'problematic' (these albums contain a great deal of mistakes and typos) musicians.

For example, in this album there were two of them:

川原真美 is as it's written on the booklet but you get nothing searching for that name and percussion (latin or whatever). On the next page there is someone credited for latin perc. whose romanized name is Naomi Kawahara, which would be a valid reading for 川原真美, but the real name of Naomi Kawahara is 川原直美.

The guitarist credited as 津村恭彦 is, by the same token, Yasuhiko Tsumura and his real name is 津村泰彦. Here you can see him playing a theme from Yamato.

These artists and others were already discussed in the Yamato CD-BOX's thread but for some reason these findings were never incorporated in our database. Well, it's time to remedy that.

Last edited by isdapi; Apr 18, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:34 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I do also think that 川原真美 is a mistake for Naomi Kawahara based on the English credit and the much better kanji credit on Arrivederci Yamato, but while we're playing with misreadings, that could be Masami Kawahara (川原 正美) too. Masami has also played with several of the other performers here: Kentaro Haneda & Masaoki Terakawa, Akira Ishikawa, etc.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:27 AM

I don't know why but I had completely overlooked the romanized credits of this album and they're full of mistakes and typos.

Quote:
Masayoshi Terakawa -> Masaoki Terakawa? (discs 1~4)
(don't think 正興 is readable as "Masayoshi" so that'd be a bad typo)
Kenzi Takamizu -> Kenji Takamizu (disc 4)
Sadazi Mihata -> Teiji Mihata (disc 4)
Kenzi Shiraishi -> Kenji Shiraishi (disc 4)
Sadako Koshino -> Teiko Koshino (disc 4)
Nozumu Nakaya -> Nozomi/Nozomu Nakatani (中谷 望)?
(I've seen 望 read both ways, but "Nozomi" apparently performed on a few albums here.)
Masaichi Ishibashi -> Masakazu Ishibashi (disc 4)
Masaru Nakaya -> Masaru Nakatani (中谷 勝)?
(MPN gives the reading as Masaru Nakatani)
Humio Shirayama -> Fumio Shirayama
Shumio Okada -> Sumio Okada (discs 1~4)
Jun Hiiro -> Jun-ichi Hiiro (日色 純一)???
(this name just rang a bell; he performed on GSM Imagineer 1)
I agree with CHz in those findings, but I have a little more to add:
- According to several sources, the real name of Nozomu Nakaya would be Nozomu Nakatani (Wikipedia entry for a band called CARIOCA, where it's available a reading of this artist's name; MPN also confirms that reading)
- Nobuyoshi Maeda real name is surely Shinkichi Maeda. His given name (信吉) can be romanized as Nobuyoshi too.
- The lack of credits as musicians of Yukio Kojima and Masaharu Katsumura leads me to believe those may be other wrong romanizations. No clue about his real names, though.

Last edited by isdapi; Apr 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 05:27 AM
Trusted Editor

Yeah, I haven't updated the box because of life and other things and it being a serious commitment to add all those artists and prevent duplication, but I'm slowly getting back to being more active! Sorry!