VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 25, 2018, 07:59 AM

Interesting seeing the members here. Anyone thinking this might be a jazz/rock project?

Saw this on the official page and I got a little excited...

"Yuichi Uesugi

Saxophone player. He is active as a tour support musician for studio musicians and diverse artists. He is the leader of music production at the sound director of this project."

Samples go up on February 2nd.

Last edited by XISMZERO; Jan 25, 2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 07:13 PM

This is up for preorder on AMZ JP. After hearing the samples, it was a nice and easy drop into my cart.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 07:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor

The samples remind me of the Fire Emblem Warriors soundtrack.
Old May 15, 2018, 06:36 AM

Going to go ahead and declare this maybe one of the best arrange albums to come out of the official realm in a long time. This one kind of came outta left field, too. Strong melodies, rock guitar solos and even some surprises in there.

Only faults?

-Non-natives will have limited need for the three vocals, but luckilly they are kept to the end of the disc, with 12 strong instrumentals leading the way.
-Maybe not the most imaginative or varied arranging styles but its is very satisfying, agreeably solid rock-styled with all live instrumentation.

Reminds me of the Basiscape and Sekaiju/Kamikura arrangements from the early 2010s that kind of dissolved over the years.

Sure, I would have liked more sax (the way it creeps in on Dawn of Ark is sublime) but this is a pretty solid album -- I can already feel it has an instant classic vibe.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 04:16 AM

I added an English translation for the track titles using the localised titles from other OSTs. Track 3 is also known as Twilight of the Gods in Echoes.