VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 18, 2009, 11:29 PM

Location: Heaven? No no, what's that other place that starts with H? Oh yes, home. :-)

I like this type of oriental music and it is presented quite nicely in this album. One of my favorite songs, Christmas on Dobu Street, has such a relaxing feel to it, and the way that it ends.... All I can say is that it's better then counting sheep. Anyway, I give props to Ryuji Iuchi, and all the composers really, for this great music. It's too bad no official soundtrack was released for the second and third installment of the Shenmue series.

LOL. I figured that somebody would have already started a discussion about this album, I always thought that it was a little underrated. Well anyway, discuss!
Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:51 PM

Well I love this OST too. I wrote a track-by-track review of it a long time ago because I loved it so much. Not that it was highly informative or anything, but maybe I will share some of my favorites in the future. =D
Old Apr 10, 2011, 07:21 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Changed viola player Yukie Ohnuma's name to Sachie Oonuma. Kotenha and one other site give it as reading for "大沼幸江" but there are several offical sources like concert pages and Motokazu Shinoda's page that confirm Sachie as the correct reading. Additionally, there are some albums that credit her under it.
Even though, she's credited as such in the bootleg album, I highly assume it's a transcription mistake.
Same goes to "Noriko Ohbayashi". Her official site gives "Noriyo" as the correct reading of her given name.

Last edited by AcidBeast; Apr 10, 2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyLogic View Post
It's too bad no official soundtrack was released for the second and third installment of the Shenmue series.
...third?

Anyway, seems that the composer of Disc-1, track 17 isn't written in the notes, but I'm pretty sure it's Ryuji Iuchi...
Also, Disc-2, tracks 12 and 19 have the same problem, but since 19 is a Karaoke version of 18, I suppose the composer it's the same

Last edited by Dunther; Sep 30, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:21 AM

The OSV review link is invalid. I couldn't figure out how to remove it.

I listened to this again and I don't seem to love it as much as I used to. No idea why.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 06:38 AM
VGMdb Staff

It is said that almost any human being changes its taste for a lot of things over the years.
It's not anything unusual really.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:51 PM
Trusted Editor

JASRAC confirms that "Flower Girl" is Ryuji Iuchi and "受け継がれし技" is Takenobu Mitsuyoshi.

http://www2.jasrac.or.jp/eJwid/main....bSession=start
http://www2.jasrac.or.jp/eJwid/main....bSession=start
Old Jan 2, 2014, 03:02 AM

Regarding "Disc2-M20 (it's an error in the booklet)", 20 in japanese is "two ten", and 12 is "ten two"... it could easily be a misunderstanding, making Takenobu Mitsuyoshi the composer of Disc2-M12 "Receive a Skill to Succeed"

Last edited by DavidMadsen; Jan 2, 2014 at 03:26 AM.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 03:22 AM

Doing some more research, I noticed that Yokosuka is a city, maikng me wonder why the y isn't capitalized
Old Jan 2, 2014, 06:57 AM
VGMdb Staff

The discs have this part in alphabet (no capitalization).
Old Mar 13, 2014, 02:44 AM

There seems to be an awful lot of hissing/noise on some tracks, especially noticeable on the absolutely beautiful piano piece 'Rain' (1-11). I wonder if they just messed up with the recording or what happened here?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 04:16 PM

I have what looks like a bootleg of this album, but it looks different from the Ever Anime bootleg that's listed on here and it has a listing number of KO-99156~7 from K-O Records or Trading CO. LTD. , has anyone else heard of this one?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 09:25 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zake View Post
I have what looks like a bootleg of this album, but it looks different from the Ever Anime bootleg that's listed on here and it has a listing number of KO-99156~7 from K-O Records or Trading CO. LTD. , has anyone else heard of this one?
K-O Records is another Taiwanese bootlegger unfortunately.

Last edited by seanne; Aug 29, 2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 03:45 AM

Just got this for 13 usd and realised they never released an OST for the 2nd game, not until 2019/2020 anyway.

what's in the mini movie reel that's included with this album? i cant see anything even in front of strong light.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 07:43 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
what's in the mini movie reel that's included with this album? i cant see anything even in front of strong light.
On my copy it's five frames of Ryo looking angrily at the camera. I guess it varies from copy to copy since it's easy to tell on mine.