VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 14, 2010, 05:12 AM

Browsing on Youtube for music of this game tells me this album does not contain the actual redbook data. The most obvious example would be "Tibet -Salvation- which plays early in stage 2, the part where the guitar comes into play was originally a pretty awesome synth lead instead. Given all of the tracks sound diffrent compared to the original material, should this be considered an arranged album ?

Thoughts ?

-DG
Old May 11, 2014, 10:00 AM

I would call this album more of a remix, though not just that alone. It uses a lot of the source material from the game, but a lot is changed too with things added or taken away. If no one objects, I'll add the remix classification because I really think you can say it's an original soundtrack, arranged album, and remix album all at once.

EDIT: On second thought, nothing on the album is in the same form as is in the game, so maybe putting original soundtrack in the classification field isn't right. Remix implies there are elements of an original thing but with alterations and that's what's going on here. I guess, as Dragon God said, thoughts?

Last edited by _if; May 11, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old May 12, 2014, 08:20 PM

I have this one. I was disappointed that it didn't have any of the songs from the game done the way they appear there. I was also disappointed that it didn't include the song that plays when you fight the last boss. Still, it's good, and that first track is awesome.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 06:16 PM

Question

I was looking into the English translation for the tracklist and noticed a couple entries seem to be off:

- 12) モダーンむんむん: Is this really supposed to mean "Modern Woman's Desire"? The kana transcription I'm given is "Modern Mun-Mun", which doesn't seem to be the same thing.

"Mun-mun" (むんむん or ムンムン) seems to mean something closer to "stuffy", "sultry" or "sexy", based on some of the definitions I'm seeing.

Some places like here give the meaning of "woman's desire", but "sultry"/"stuffy"/"sexy" seem to be the more common meaning given. Would something like "Modern Sex Appeal" be a more accurate translation? Or am I just completely wrong here?

- 14) ジュテームモナムー: If this is based on the French phrase, then it seems "Je T'aime Mon Amour" would be a more accurate transcription rather than "J'taime Mon Amor".