VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:07 AM

In the notes, こうさき さとる was romanized as Satoru Kosaki (2 times), and as Kousaki (13 times). I changed Kosaki to Kousaki (only in the notes), since こう is long (ko-u or ko-ū or ko-ō, right?). He is romanized as Kosaki on his VGMdb artist page though.

Last edited by DanteLectro; Mar 15, 2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:04 PM
VGMdb Administrator

It is a long o sound in his name, yeah, but more often than not when his name appears in English, it's as "Kosaki." That includes his current MONACA profile. It's not very consistent, though, and you can find plenty of examples of "Kousaki" in game credits and albums.

In general we use what the artist prefers, unless it explicitly appears differently in the album packaging.
Old May 24, 2012, 11:56 AM

What happened to the title? The quotation marks mess up the ordering in lists (search results, collections, ratings).

I'd rather have it named Tekken 5 / Tekken: Dark Resurrection Original Soundtrack.
Old May 24, 2012, 01:08 PM

Yeah, I thought we had decided to add quotation mark titles as alternate titles after the whole Final Fantasy thing. All those quotation mark titles are alternate ones.

(And honestly at that point I don't see why we add them at all because they're not searchable but *shrug*)
Old May 24, 2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
...after the whole Final Fantasy thing...
I missed out on that. Can you give me a link to that discussion?
Old May 24, 2012, 01:44 PM

Yeah, I'm specifically referencing Dag's post in the Final Fantasy Tactics Original Sound Track discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
The quotes seem intentional as SQ made a bunch of albums with them, but at the same time the English title in the spines never(?) use quotes. Since it changes the expected search ordering for such high profile albums, for now if nobody objects I'll delete the quotes in the display title but add as an alternate. This way everybody is happy! (?)

Btw, you can search with quotes ("fantasy ii") to find full strings.
Also, I'm extremely confused as to where the quotation marks came from here because they're actually not present in a single place on this album.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:09 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The Japanese title on the obi uses 『』 around the game titles. 『』 and 「」 are similar to quotation marks, so my guess is that's why.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:13 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
The Japanese title on the obi uses 『』 around the game titles. 『』 and 「」 are similar to quotation marks, so my guess is that's why.
Yeah, this is why I renamed it. The ampersand between the titles are absolutely nowhere on any of the covers...
Old May 24, 2012, 02:29 PM

The Japanese title on the obi is in Japanese quotation marks. But the front and back covers are in full roman characters sans quotation.

Even the added alternate tiltle is incorrect as 「鉄拳DR」. It says 「鉄拳 DARK RESURRECTION」 on the obi.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:35 PM

This just makes me wonder how we should deal with this soundtrack's title.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:45 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro View Post
The Japanese title on the obi is in Japanese quotation marks. But the front and back covers are in full roman characters sans quotation.
I don't get it... what's the problem here, then?

EDIT: Oh, never mind, I didn't get the "sans" part. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLectro View Post
Even the added alternate tiltle is incorrect as 「鉄拳DR」. It says 「鉄拳 DARK RESURRECTION」 on the obi.
I changed it before you posted. Not sure where I got "DR" from... >_<

Last edited by Nisto; May 24, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:47 PM

Well, to my count the title is written without quotation 30 times in the scans (all English, covers, booklet, discs), and 4 times with quotation (in Japanese, only on the obi).

I suggest we drop the quotation marks from the English title and probably use something as separator ( / or | ) between Tekken 5 and Tekken Dark Resurrection.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
I changed it before you posted.
Because i've been nursing post #9 for about 25 minutes.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
This just makes me wonder how we should deal with this soundtrack's title.
Driving Emotion Type-S / BUSHIDO BLADE Original Soundtrack (as it is now) seems reasonable to me (can't think of any better).

Last edited by DanteLectro; May 24, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 05:25 PM
Trusted Editor

I think we should remove the quotation marks from the english title and the 'Original Soundtrack' text, as both front and back covers doesn't have, and neither does the booklet front page.

Even on the spines of the front & back pictures, it's just Tekken 5 and Tekken Dark Resurrection, so perhaps rename this album as Tekken 5 / Tekken Dark Resurrection.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:54 AM

Can Riow Arai's tracks ("Amnesia", "Elegance in Violence") even be considered rearrangements of "Moonlit Wilderness" and "Poolside"? His tracks just sound like new compositions to me. It seems like Satoru Kosaki and Hiroshi Okubo were mistakenly credited as the original composers since they composed the music for the corresponding stages in Tekken 5. That, or they were supposed to be remixes but Arai just created completely different tracks.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:43 PM

Masaru Shina's Snow castle, uses vocals (samples?) from zone of the enders 2's Beyond the bounds song.
Satoru Kosaki's Resurection is also giving me a vibe for something else. The piano notes is from another music, i am not hitting right now.
edit: after repeating those notes out loud.... it's castlevania's Wicked Child. You get a better sense of it, on its arrange version on "Akumajo Dracula MIDI Collection"

Last edited by RomanticScent; Mar 9, 2024 at 01:03 PM.