VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
Trusted Editor

A bit offtopic, but how were you supposed to obtain those collecting cards from Scitron which are shown at the bottom of the ad for this album? (I incidentally have 4 of those cards and always wondered where they came from)

http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=56931
Old May 2, 2012, 02:59 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Seemingly an Scitron promotion in certain shops, by buying SNK related CD/LD/casettes (2 possible sets I think; the scan is a bit small tho).
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:46 PM

What's the rule on the "Products represented" for an album? This album was used as the soundtrack for The King of Fighters '94 Re-Bout, but that game was released several years after this album.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 03:43 AM

not retroactive, so the album stays with the original product(s)
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:10 PM

Okay, that makes sense. But, is there no way to associate this with Re-Bout then? That would be very useful. I had to do some digging to figure out that this album was used as the soundtrack to that game. In other instances, people might just assume the soundtrack to Re-Bout isn't available on CD, since that sort of occurrence isn't uncommon in VGM. We could add it to the notes, but I don't think it will come up in the search engine then. So currently, there's no very good way to discover that this album is the soundtrack to Re-Bout.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:25 PM

there could be two solutions to that
1/ on product page, if the re-bout game is a remake or something, that could appear in releases list
2/ featuring the re-bout game in products field (personally, I'm not for that solution)

I know that problem too, when I was wondering what music used ffiv psp (discovered later it was ffiv ds ost)
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:50 PM

The Neo-Geo CD version uses that AST for tis soundtrack (though most of the tracks are shorter than the AST).
From what I know, KOF 95 and its sequels (until KOF 99), as well as Art of Fighting 2, Samurai Shodown IV, Fatal Fury 3 and the Real Bout sub-series also use the same arranged sountrack as those published by Scitron (again, with shorter tracks). I still haven't tried Samurai Shodown III and Art of Fighting 3 on Neo CD but they probably did the same thing.
IIRC, Fatal Fury Special uses the Image album (published a few months before the Neo CD game) for its soundtrack, which makes me wonder if the arranged soundtracks were produced before the Neo-Geo tracks.

Speaking of KOF 94, "Jungle Bouncer" is a rip off of Faith no more's "Surprise you're Dead"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCdUfAE5Rz8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFz86q5yKHg
Old Jul 11, 2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
on product page, if the re-bout game is a remake or something, that could appear in releases list
I'm pretty sure Re-Bout is a remake of KOF '94, but I haven't actually played the original game. Reading something called "Addendum Guide" or something on GameFAQs, it seems to explain changes from the original game, so it seems like it's a "remake", though in fighting game land most things are considered "updates". I know most people wouldn't consider #Reload or Slash to be remakes of the original Guilty Gear XX so I guess it depends on how you look at it. Re-Bout could include enough new bells and whistles so that it would be considered an update.

Unfortunately I haven't played the original KOF '94, but thanks for letting me know about the retroactive product policy.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 03:46 PM

The lyrics for track 9 psycho soldier is Eikichi Kawasaki.
https://vgmdb.net/album/6182

Although instrumental is diferent, the lyrics are the same.