VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:40 PM

Anyone with some Japanese knowledge able to get a bit better info? The original Culdcept tracks aren't by Ito, but there's two choices there. And are the Saga tracks by Ito? Arranger?
And what of this performer credit for Kyoko Kishikawa?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
The original Culdcept tracks aren't by Ito, but there's two choices there.
Which "original Culdcept tracks" are referring to?

Which "two choices" are you referring to? Are you referring to "Hideo Suzuki" (planner, programmer, and graphic "toroika") and "Kohei Takeshige" (producer) from the booklet of this soundtrack?

Quote:
And are the Saga tracks by Ito? Arranger?
Track 37 and 38 of disc 2 are from Culdcept Saga, and are "rearranges". Track 35 and 36 of the same disc are also rearranges (of Culdcept 2).

As far as I'm aware and according to booklets, all four songs (and their non-arranged versions) are composed and arranged by Kenji Ito.

Quote:
And what of this performer credit for Kyoko Kishikawa?
THE PHOENIXION -Extra Mix- (track 38 of disc 2) is a vocal arranged song. The original version does not contain vocals. I didn't examine the booklet in any detail but the vocalist name doesn't seem to be mentioned.

Source of vocalist name: my ear/mind recognising her voice and her singing the same song on other albums. Speaking of which, her name still needs to be linked.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
Which "original Culdcept tracks" are referring to
Track 35 and 36 of the same disc are also rearranges (of Culdcept 2).
Ah, I read it wrong -- For some reason I thought it said Culdcept I for those tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
THE PHOENIXION -Extra Mix- (track 38 of disc 2) is a vocal arranged song. The original version does not contain vocals. I didn't examine the booklet in any detail but the vocalist name doesn't seem to be mentioned.

Source of vocalist name: my ear/mind recognising her voice and her singing the same song on other albums. Speaking of which, her name still needs to be linked.
Well, going by ear isn't a good idea. A shame it's not mentioned at all....I wish companies were more forthcoming with such info (though Japanese ones are much better than US ones, which almost never mention what specific tracks soloists and choruses perform on....)
Old Dec 3, 2012, 05:58 AM

Interesting coincidence, no joke: When I read your reply, I was listening to the 25th Anniversary Rockman Rock Arrange from start to finish (among other things), and I happened to be on the last track... with vocals by Kyoko Kishikawa.

Quote:
Well, going by ear isn't a good idea.
That's true generally, but Kishikawa has a very distinctive voice that would be hard to mistake with someone else. Have you heard it before? If you did, I'm sure you'd have the same sentiments. Plus she sings gibberish (formally called "voice performing") as opposed to actual words, making it more unique.