VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:10 AM

I've noticed that M-1.05 is mistakenly listed with Tokyo Policewoman Duo as the singers, and also changed it in the Song Best album.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:22 AM

mistakenly?
bokuto love story is widely credited with tokyo policewoman duo on internet and on song best back cover
where did you get it's wrong?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:37 AM

Mmm...it's true, but the song is sung by the four, maybe they count the other two as extras?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:43 AM

I think it's against vgmdb rules to credit people when it's not clearly stated even if it doesn't reflect reality
for example: the onimusha guy wasn't changed even if it's known the current credit is wrong
Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:44 AM

Well, if that's how is credited I'll change it back for now.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:47 AM

I can't check the song at the moment but you can still add in the notes there are two more persons with an asterisk or something at your convenience
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:06 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
I can't check the song at the moment but you can still add in the notes there are two more persons with an asterisk or something at your convenience
^ this. It's ok to mention them in the notes as long as you specify that they're uncredited, and giving the sample a quick listen I would say it's correct.

We don't have the full scans for any of these albums anyway, so they might be credited for all we know.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:37 AM

I'll leave it as it was for the moment, I'm planning on purchasing the Song Best album in a not so distant future, then I hope I'll be able to clear up these details.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 08:47 PM

Not sure VGMdb can do anything about this, but I had a HELL of a time trying to find this album. Neither "Tokyo Policewomen Duo" or "You're Under Arrest" are in the name, so it can't be found via regular search. And then, it refers to the OVA series that came before the TV series, but features character image songs FROM the TV series (notably Strikeman and Scooter Mama) and it DOESN'T contain the actual OP/ED from the TV series.

Great collection, but also a very strange release in that it doesn't tie cleanly into either the OVA or the TV series.