VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:41 AM
Trusted Editor

Default Sorting features for the wishlist

Inspired by the thread about sorting of the marketplace albums...

I would also like to request some new features for the wishlist:
1) Sort by album release date
2) Sort by user-set priorities

Why these would be good features:
1) Nice to see which album to buy in the next time (>=5 years on the market... might be OOP in the month)
2) Some sort of "move up", "move down" system to prioritize the albums.

One should be able to somehow save the priorities, so sorting by album release date doesn't destroy the previous sorting.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:59 AM
VGMdb Administrator

There's a discussion on priorities here. The conclusion so far was that the notes field was adequate for this. Also, do you really want someone to know how desperately you want an album (and consequently how much he can jack up the price.)

Some of the other sorting stuff would actually be useful for all of the collection and marketplace lists. An overhaul of these is definitely in the plans, though I can't promise a timetable for it.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:21 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
There's a discussion on priorities here. The conclusion so far was that the notes field was adequate for this. Also, do you really want someone to know how desperately you want an album (and consequently how much he can jack up the price.)
What about making it possible to set the priorities to "private", so it's just for myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Some of the other sorting stuff would actually be useful for all of the collection and marketplace lists. An overhaul of these is definitely in the plans, though I can't promise a timetable for it.
No sweat!

EDIT: Thinking about it, it would be really nice to have the folder concept, that is already present for the collection, also for the wishlist. This way I could at least separate the OOP albums from the stuff that is still in print.

EDIT2: Maybe "priority" isn't the right term for what I'm looking for. It's just that I would like to move the albums around a bit, group them, etc. - I can already do this to some extend for the collection, but the wishlist isn't really flexible in that terms.

Last edited by LiquidAcid; Sep 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM.