VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:32 PM

For some reason, the linked official site is broken, but here's the full address.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/s...top/index.html

I tried changing it, but it gave the same error. Not sure why it reverted back.

Disc 1 tracklist + samples are available now.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:15 PM
VGMdb Advisor

It's not broken, it's a joke, although it's quite obscure for non-Japanese speakers. You have to copy and paste the strange text at the bottom to access the page.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:39 PM

The second disc tracklist is now available. Only 1 sample at this time though!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:45 PM

The TGS Sampler will also have music from El Shaddai and the Astrals, the arrange album that was mentioned on OSV.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/tgs2011/
Old Sep 21, 2011, 09:54 PM

Didn't realize this was on Youtube until just now. Features a sample from the album from the official announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K_P3srXhww
Old Aug 18, 2021, 09:29 PM

It looks like the soundtrack will be released on Steam along with the game itself. The track listing appears to be slightly different as all 4 medleys are at the top of the soundtrack instead of spread across it. It also seems that the title translations on the Steam release are a lot more literal than their iTunes counterparts. For example, "The one who receives the Glow" instead of "The Lightbearer." However, while I still prefer most of the titles used on the iTunes release, the Steam release has at least a few titles that I think have a better ring to them or fit the context they're used in better.

Flight of Darkness > Dark Soaring (I think that "Flight of Darkness" just sounds a lot cooler, "Dark Soaring" seems a bit unnatural sounding, imo.)

Never Ending Journey > Endless Departure ("Endless Departure" sounds a bit strange to me as it makes it sound as though you're endlessly departing for a journey rather than endlessly on one. Granted, I think "Endless Journey" would sound better than both of these.)

Rapid Evolution > Dashing Progress (Being one of Azazel's themes the title is likely in reference to the "unnatural evolution" that the Grigori wanted to bestow upon mankind. It's worth noting that the term "evolution" is used several times throughout the game.)

Regardless, would it be okay to add a second English tracklist for the Steam translations? I've also added a link to the Steam page, though I'm not certain if that's okay or not considering that the track order for the medleys are different on this release.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Nov 16, 2021 at 08:18 PM.