VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Organization Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:54 AM
VGMdb Advisor

At the start of 2003, the AMJ Absord Music Japan Label became the Momo & Grapes Label.

So these 2 labels need to joined / timelined in some fashion. They kept the same ABCA stem catalog base though, so everything released in 2003 onward needs to go under Momo (look at the logos on the covers & obis) but some are still linked here to Absord instead.

Last edited by Carl; Jun 14, 2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 09:22 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I linked up the relationship.

It looks like the albums are fine. They are linked to Absord Music Japan as producer and momo&grapes as distributor, which is what is listed (in the Japanese text) on the obis.

EDIT - Maybe the relationship Predecessor/Successor isn't the correct one to use here. I'm not sure how they are related.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 09:40 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I linked up all the albums myself, so rest assured that I triple-checked the accuracy of the information.

To be exact, Absord Music Japan and momo&grapes are both listed as publisher, while King Records is the distributor. You have to look for the printed information -- sometimes logos aren't enough.

momo&grapes lists Absord Music Japan as a distributor on their page, while the Absord Music Japan homepage was still active up to November 2008, so I don't know about using this relationship link. Is there a press release on this?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:16 PM
VGMdb Advisor

OK, glad you've triple checked things.
It still seems strange to me, but oh well.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:01 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Suspected canceled albums:Albums with tracklists and such that maybe are canceled, or could just be rare:Missing catalogue numbers: ABCA-35, ABCA-48, ABCA-53 (Canceled version of the Eternal Ring OST, later released as ABCA-62? Couldn't find much info on this.), ABCA-54, ABCA-55, ABCA-63 (King's Field Super Best? Canceled version of ABCA-73?), ABCA-83, ABCA-89.

Anyone ever spot any of these in the wild?

Last edited by CHz; Aug 17, 2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:10 PM
Trusted Editor

I bookmarked Kyabate Bakaichidai OST on suruga-ya some time ago
http://www.suruga-ya.jp/database/120003592001.html
it's already been sold, but if I bookmarked it, it must've been available at one point.

For Ichigeki, there are even music samples (which sound really good by the way). CDJapan lists it in stock, but a few days ago they did the same with Sidewinder (which I also added to by bookmarks >_>)
Old Aug 17, 2011, 09:30 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teioh View Post
a few days ago they did the same with Sidewinder (which I also added to by bookmarks >_>)
I tried ordering that one a couple of days ago, but it turns out they were doing the "we probably don't have this in stock, but we won't check until someone tries ordering it" thing. So that's why they updated it to out of print!