VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:54 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Wow. This sounds awesome.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:06 PM

Hmm, the six Hymmnos Concert albums, the Ciel Nosurge pre-soundtrack, the OVA CD, a DVD with the songs in 5.1 quality... it really sounds awesome...

However, will it be worth it enough for those that already have the original releases of the six Hymmnos Concerts...?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:44 PM

I don't think anybody that owns all those CDs is going to buy this for a couple of extras.

I like the Hymmnos Concert CDs somewhat, but not enough to spend over $150 on. Of the existing box sets out there, this is one I'd pass up. I'd much rather buy SaGa Frontier, Akumajo Dracula, Suikoden...
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquagon View Post
However, will it be worth it enough for those that already have the original releases of the six Hymmnos Concerts...?
It's worth for me. And yes, I already own all the six albums.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:05 AM

Good they are releasing this, as some of the earlier releases have gone out of print.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:14 AM

Okay, as some news, Amazon Japan has some pictures of how the boxset looks, although from it, looks like the proper title is actually "Kurt Hymneth".
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquagon View Post
Okay, as some news, Amazon Japan has some pictures of how the boxset looks, although from it, looks like the proper title is actually "Kurt Hymneth".
It's really confusing. The official site states it's Krut hymneth. Most of physical package says it's Kurt hymneth, but the inner side of the Recorded Saga, a logo with "Krut"...
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:47 AM

At this point, it's practically impossible to know which one is the proper title and which one is the misspelling...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
It's really confusing. The official site states it's Krut hymneth. Most of physical package says it's Kurt hymneth, but the inner side of the Recorded Saga, a logo with "Krut"...
I think krut is a typo, because the box has kurt written everywhere
maybe someone who has bought the thing can confirm
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
I think krut is a typo, because the box has kurt written everywhere
maybe someone who has bought the thing can confirm
As I posted, things like below is printed in the inner side of the package. Or maybe it's exclusive to my copy

Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:19 AM

so gust pix are wrong?
they printed kurt and changed for krut or krut is just written on the one thing?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:45 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I suspect they (Gust) realized they spelled it "Krut" in initial advertising and someone who's big on their hymmnos language was like "HEY it's KURT not KRUT" so in a mad scramble they tried to fix all the packaging but they missed that inner image.

Or it could be the same story, but the other way around with the time lapse pushing a little further back.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:59 PM

Although it wouldn't be weird it was an accidental typo: the series has always had minor typos in its lyrics booklets for the Hymmnos parts, and the lyrics to Dishadow are filled with them.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:28 PM

I've always transcribed lyrics from hymmnos concert songs as written in the booklet
I never wondered if the actual hymmnos language had typos (or I misunderstood you)

(notes: with chudahs-corner down, it's no more visible)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:26 PM

There were more than a few throughout the series' history, and additionally, there was even a site in which the Japanese fans themselves pointed out which were the mistakes and the corrections for them. Unfortunately, it died around middle 2010.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedille View Post
As I posted, things like below is printed in the inner side of the package. Or maybe it's exclusive to my copy

apparently it is, because LiquidAcid told me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid
you asked me about the tonelico box recently. from what i can see, it's "kurt" everywhere
Old Mar 6, 2013, 02:00 AM
Trusted Editor

I should add that this is my preliminary impression.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 04:36 AM

Perhaps you've not opened the main Hymmnos CDs (the Recorded Saga) yet, or some earlier printing was fabricated with a possible typo. My scanner is currently dead so I can't provide scans. Either of them should be added as an alternative title, although I didn't know which is the correct (and actually don't much care whichever it is).

I don't really get around to open the bonus disc, but once I do, I'll add the trackists.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:46 PM
Trusted Editor

On the Ciel nosurge preview disc, second track, the vocals -- is this just Shikata or also someone else? Maybe it's just me, but it sounds totally like Chitose Hajime...
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
On the Ciel nosurge preview disc, second track, the vocals -- is this just Shikata or also someone else? Maybe it's just me, but it sounds totally like Chitose Hajime...
The second song is the in-game version of "Roar of Earth and Heavens" (track 3 from the Genometric Concert), so the vocalist for it was Minami Kizuki. However, the song itself was composed, arranged and lyrics written by Shikata herself
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:25 PM
Trusted Editor

Ha, looks like both were born Amami-Oshima and are using this "Shima Uta" singing style. Nice
Old Apr 7, 2018, 05:47 PM
VGMdb Advisor

So I FINALLY got this. And uh...

There are a LOT of things left to scan. Of note:

1) foldout instruction sheet for the "Playbutton" USB badge that has the extra music on it (still trying to get that to work...)
2) the contents of the lyric book (approx. 100 pages)
3) the contents of the hardcover book .. which I think is like a story/narrative book that ALSO includes Hymmnos lyrics and a bunch of other stuff (written in traditional Japanese style, pages right-to-left, text in vertical columns, also right-to-left) ... 110 pages
4) the rounded spine of the overall box

I feel like 1 and 2 should probably be included @ vgmdb for completeness ... having all lyrics, and understanding how this VERY unique doohicky-USB-thing works...

3 might be excessive. And I doubt I could get good scans without breaking the spine. 4 is just the product logo again, faded on a rounded surface ... looks cool, probably would need a photo instead of a scan (a la USB Badge).

Thoughts from others? Your insight is appreciated.

EDIT -- ALSO, I'd like to seriously call into question the listed catalog number. Namely, because I cannot find it anywhere. What I CAN find is:

1) on the paper (obi-esque) back piece (listed as "Back" here), the cat # is GUSTCD-11002, not 11001.
2) on the inner ring of the nine discs, on the reverse (data-read) side, they are printed GUSTCD-10011~10019. This would make sense of the USB "Apocrypha" bonus release, when it was later released digitally, being assigned the cat # GUSTCD-10020 (see https://vgmdb.net/album/53522 )

Can someone point me to anything on the physical product that actually says GUSTCD-11001?

Last edited by Ramza; Apr 7, 2018 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Catalog number issue
Old Apr 9, 2018, 05:50 AM
VGMdb Advisor

*bump*

I'll give it 7 days. If no one has any input, I'm changing that catalog number, for real.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 09:05 AM

oh ramza became a man ;p

I don't know what to think about that, there are 2 cat no. for this release
maybe 1st got printed and sold, but they realized there were errors so they stopped it
then they corrected and reprinted as 2nd in the same time (since releases are printed long before their release date)

GUSTCD-11001 4943015035123
GUSTCD-11002 4943015035130
Old Apr 9, 2018, 02:57 PM
VGMdb Advisor

haha! Yes, I'm gettin' all alpha male up in here Phono! ^_^

Where did you find those JANs associated with the cat #s?

Also, is it possible that 11001 was assigned by never printed (canceled) and then only 11002 was run?

And, as for vgmdb, what a pain if we had to list a child album or alternate print. Maybe leave it as 11001 for the standard listing and note that it was also printed under cat# 11002 in the first lines of Notes?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 03:11 PM

I got from my perso db (it has 100000+ entries)

it depends if some people got the 11001 ver or not

if nobody got it, but 11002 so yes 11001 could have never been released
otherwise the thing was released but discontinued for the upgraded 11002 ver
Old Apr 9, 2018, 04:33 PM
VGMdb Advisor

This is really helpful information. I appreciate it very much. That sounds like quite the database. ^_^

I think the best solution may be just go list 11002 in the notes as an alternate print, rather than duplicate and make a child print. What do you think?
Old Aug 2, 2020, 08:14 PM

I see two versions listed on Amazon.JP a normal edition ("通常盤") and a "10-Disc Version." Are there actually two versions of this product or is that just a mistake on the Amazon listing? Also, I was curious as to why the CDs were listed as "Remasters" are they somehow different from the original releases?

edit: so from what I could find online it seems that the previous albums were remastered in HQCD format for this release, still not sure about why there's two different listing on Amazon though.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Aug 4, 2020 at 03:09 AM.