VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
The problem is that I absolutely have no idea about how to do that... (And I do not have enough time to do those kind of things...
Don't worry, I'll probably open other threads for some other of my findings when I have enough time... I just don't want to spam the site with all of this though
Old May 30, 2020, 12:28 PM

Hi guys (new here). I was just wondering if there's any update as to who did which track on this soundtrack? Currently sorting through this one on iTunes and trying to figure out who to put down for the "Artist" (arranger) and "Composer" fields.

RBM95, do you still think your discovery of the filename endings is pretty spot-on for this? Have you discovered anything else? And lastly, do you think those endings (.my, etc.) refer more to the arranger/primary artist, or to the composer? I guess for anything that is new music and not a totally-reused track from elsewhere, it's a safe bet that it refers to both...? And for instance in the case of a track like "The Credits Roll," would you put Toru Minegishi for both Artist and Composer, or put Mahito Yokota for Composer (or maybe Mahito Yokota & Toru Minegishi, if the Bowser theme is by Minegishi)?

Just trying to pin down as many of these as possible so I have something more specific than "Mario 3D World Big Band" for everything. Thanks.

Last edited by RicottaPrime; May 30, 2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:16 AM

I kinda guess it might be referring to the overall artist in charge of each theme (as in, who "rearranged" each theme at least). I know it's probably kinda vague, but considering we don't have much official info to begin with it may be best than nothing.

Keep in mind that the breakdown I made is speculative though, so I don't want to claim it to be 100% absolute truth or nothing.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 07:44 PM

Cool, thanks. So I'll at least use it for the Artist field.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 02:56 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Can't we put those recently found composer credits down in the notes?
Old Jun 16, 2020, 04:04 AM

Is it possible to add Teppei Kawasaki on to the performer section as well? There's an old tweet that he made about it close to its release .

https://twitter.com/yuichi40722/stat...79228587487232

This is a reply that quotes the unavailable tweet.

Last edited by RegularPerson; Jun 16, 2020 at 04:11 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 03:42 PM

Bowser's Fury Composers

James Phillipsen
Daisuke Matsuoka
Old Feb 5, 2021, 08:25 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Unfortunately the Bowser's Fury staff roll does the same thing the original game's does where everyone is listed in a block without saying what they did, so we'll never actually know unless we get an interview or something. There are some other sound team members there too but I don't think anyone else who's confirmed to have written music for another Nintendo game
Old Feb 14, 2021, 02:22 PM

I suspect Nobuyoshi Suzuki also composed some tracks,the bowser themes are really similar to his work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LG_bIiuhDc

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgPP8_7LQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpGe3KqJtso