VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 11, 2017, 10:30 PM
Trusted Editor

I saw in "Show History" of this album that Cedille already rejected the month for the release date (so November 1982 here, and April 1983 for the second ost). So I specify that the informations come from Anison.info:

http://anison.info/data/source/4760.html
http://anison.info/data/source/2423.html

This website can do some mistakes sometimes, but in general the informations for the dates are accurate.
Old May 12, 2017, 12:14 AM
VGMdb Staff

In my experience, anison.info have lots of wrong information than people can believe.
I found some album with totally wrong arrangers/lyricist credit about song infos, that's why I try to cross scans from auctions/friend collectors and JASRAC to check if there's always something wrong.
About Starchild/King Records date release I'm not sure they are accurate, since Starchild obis don't give anything especially they don't give advices for future release as for Columbia/Canyon. Maybe from CD releases? but most of those don't have a CD counterpart
Old May 12, 2017, 05:59 PM
Trusted Editor

Yes, I understand. That's why I wrote Anison.info did some mistakes sometimes. I already saw some errors in the credits several times too. But I don't think I have seen any mistakes about the release dates in my searchs on this website yet.
After, I put the source here, I let the staff choose to keep the month of release on the album pages or not.