VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 11, 2009, 02:49 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Does anyone know if this can still be purchased new anywhere? I've seen the Episode IV game for sale, but I don't think it includes the soundtrack, since that was supposedly in a limited print.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 09:10 PM

Yeah, you can purchase it off of Amazon.com Japan -- The entire game with the soundtrack, I mean.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:07 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical View Post
Yeah, you can purchase it off of Amazon.com Japan -- The entire game with the soundtrack, I mean.
Excellent! Is this it? http://www.amazon.co.jp/PHANTASY-ONL...8041717&sr=8-2
That can't be shipped outside of Japan. Will I need to find a middle man?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:03 AM

Yeah,it cannot be shipped out of Japan.So you need a middle man.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:52 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Amazon Japan has a weird rule about not being able to ship SOFTWARE overseas, as software is often region-coded.... So when CD albums get bundled in with an LE Package or some deluxe edition of the game, they won't ship it because of the game that's with it.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:54 AM
Trusted Editor

And due to wrong "labeling" they also won't ship certain soundtracks, like this one:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Key-Sounds-L...8102309&sr=8-1

In the end I bought it from champs@eBay, but it have yet to find the data track which makes this product a SOFTWARE?!

And please note that this is not only for Clannad, also the Kanon score is labeled as software - maybe someone should tell Amazon Japan about this
Old Nov 14, 2009, 04:05 AM

The reason why titles such as clannad soundtrack are not sent out any place other than Japan is a reason same as http://www.minori.ph/ intercepting access from anyone other than Japan. I think..
Old Feb 1, 2010, 11:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

That was it! Shopping Mall Japan came through with the service too, thankfully. It took quite a bit of cash and time, but I finally have the album! When I have some time, I'll post some proper scans (even though there appears to be little printed material).