VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:04 AM

This soundtrack is also available through Amazon preorders (which is great as they charge less . The wording on Gamestop and Amazon suggests to me that this is a digital album only: the code to download the music will be available something like five days after you pick up the game. I'm not sure what the code will look like when you get it from Gamestop though.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 02:31 PM

Oh ok, good to know. Thanks for the info. I was hoping for an actual bonus disc but it really doesn't matter since I'm already getting the Konamistyle edition bundle with full 2-disc soundtrack.

"You returned here again? You can't beat me even though you challenge repeatedly."
-Mr. Wardner
Old Oct 19, 2008, 02:46 PM

Well, I just hope they release the individual soundtrack - this is a bit unusual for them. I simply can't justify dropping $135 on a game and soundtrack when the game is coming out here before it does in Japan (Play-Asia has it for $120 and then you have to pay shipping). Now, if I lived in Japan, $80 for the soundtrack + game I want to play would be an entirely different matter.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCommando View Post
(Play-Asia has it for $120 and then you have to pay shipping).
VGM World is now taking preorders for this ($108) as well.

"You returned here again? You can't beat me even though you challenge repeatedly."
-Mr. Wardner
Old Oct 21, 2008, 02:28 PM

Nope. They sold out. It's possible they only had two left when you posted :-P
Old Oct 21, 2008, 07:08 PM

Update: Some people are reporting getting actual CDs; others are just getting a download code. Looks like to satisfy all fans in events of item shortages, those who preordered but didn't get actual discs will be getting a download code. Not sure if a distinction would be made between the two, as MP3s would be lower quality than the actual disc.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:20 AM

I just picked up the actual CD version bonus disc today!

-Mr. Wardner
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:27 AM
VGMdb Administrator

The CD release should have it's own album page entry. Depending on the date, the digital release should probably be the child album, and the real CD should be the parent.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 11:27 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Nice! Maybe you can check the underside of the disc and see if there's a catalogue number?
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:00 PM

337842 01

This should be it. I'll change the existing page back to the CD release, and add the digital release as a child.

-Mr. Wardner

Last edited by JAMMAPARTS; Oct 23, 2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:12 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
The CD release should have it's own album page entry. Depending on the date, the digital release should probably be the child album, and the real CD should be the parent.
It's not really a question of a digital release though, more like a consolation for those who won't get the cd.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:38 PM
VGMdb Administrator

So I guess you're saying that when they run out of CDs, they are just going to send mp3s ripped from the CD. If that's the case, then it makes it somewhat more gray. I don't think I've heard of anyone doing that before.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:57 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
So I guess you're saying that when they run out of CDs, they are just going to send mp3s ripped from the CD. If that's the case, then it makes it somewhat more gray. I don't think I've heard of anyone doing that before.
CaptainCommando mentioned it a few posts up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCommando View Post
Update: Some people are reporting getting actual CDs; others are just getting a download code. Looks like to satisfy all fans in events of item shortages, those who preordered but didn't get actual discs will be getting a download code. Not sure if a distinction would be made between the two, as MP3s would be lower quality than the actual disc.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:59 PM

Maybe online customers (Amazon.com and Gamestop.com) got the download code and they reserved the actual CD's for in-store customers. We'll have to see if someone who pre-ordered online gets the voucher or the actual CD. Or it could be like Captain said and just a bonus item shortage situation.

-Mr. Wardner

Last edited by JAMMAPARTS; Oct 23, 2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:43 PM

Scanned the cover as the incorrect image had been uploaded. My first attempt had some scanner artifacts, so I cleaned it up, hence the second "INCORRECT IMAGE." Please delete the incorrect images.

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2008, 06:28 AM

Hey neat! Well, Amazon sent me the 'download code' - it's actually a direct link. I haven't tested yet if you can load the link without having an Amazon account, but here's the deal:

-MP3s are in HQ VBR format (average about 260kbps - this is a good thing).
-Files are not named - this is bad
-Files are NOT TAGGED - this is worse

That's right. You get six VBR mp3s without tags so you have no clue what you're listening to. Which is pretty lame. Name of the zip is CastlevaniaOoESoundtrack and it's about 27MB. I'm not sure if Gamestop's digital download (if it exists...?) will be the same thing, but there's this for the notes anyway.

Quote:
Scanned the cover as the incorrect image had been uploaded.
Huh. Well, I think we should still retain the graphic that Gamestop had even if it's not the same as is on the actual disc. It can go in the side and just have a note that it's the advertising image.