VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 26, 2018, 03:15 PM

This entry breaks another barrier for me as this reminds of the Babylon 5 debacle
Quote:
What percentage of computer animation or hand drawn cartoon is needed of a show or movie to be considered as an 'animation' entry. 50% ? 68%? 82% or 100%?

Because fuck I'm thinking of putting the soundtrack of Who Framed Roger Rabbit here since it has like 56% animation with real life acting...
Quote:
Honestly, I think this is an interesting question, although I'm not the one who could give you a clear answer to that. My personal opinion would be yes, but not because it contains the score to the motion picture which to me at least is mostly a live action affair, but the latest Intrada-release also contains the music to the Roger Rabbit-shorts, and while these movies also include some short live action passages at the end, it's really most of all a cartoon, and therefore it qualifies. But I have no intention of adding this do the database, so I'm not the person to discuss this with in any way.
Although this entry also provides the soundtrack for the animation shorts (which make this eligible in my book), where is the percentage limit of animation or cg in a movie where an entry can be properly entered here?

For example would Space Jam or TRON Legacy soundtracks be viable entries here?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 04:16 PM
VGMdb Staff

This particular entry is valid because of the Broughton/Horner soundtracks for the three cartoons, correct. Intrada's release is the only one that has them. As for Who Framed Roger Rabbit itself, there was a small 2010 discussion, I'm sure you can find it if you search the forums.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 05:07 PM

I'd like to know how many tracks were also in the NES game. All I know is this:
https://youtu.be/wVUCQWLU6tY?t=50s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH26...26C0D5&index=2
Old Mar 27, 2018, 03:53 AM

who would have thought that a roger rabbit soundtrack would be on vgmdb 10 years ago ;p
what's next?