VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 12, 2011, 06:45 AM
VGMdb Staff

Need a little help... I've been making original japanese text for the playlist (by looking from the booklet), I think it's complete except this letter

as part of 多層界麗日

Scan:

Is it the correct letter or not? On the scan the only difference is that it seems there is a little line break at the bottom?

Last edited by Efendija; Sep 12, 2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 06:53 AM

It seems right.

Btw, we leave loans words or such in English, so ネバーランド shouldn't be Nebaarando.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:07 AM
VGMdb Staff

It's not my translation though... (I can translate only simple things anyway). There's no official one and by searching, you can come across multiple sites with that same English tracklist, like this (it seemed close enough):

Also if there are other things that don't sound quite right, maybe it's better to delete English/Romaji tracklists?

Last edited by Efendija; Sep 13, 2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
VGMdb Staff

^Ignore this, please... I completely misunderstood you.
So when doing the Romaji tracklist, for every loan word, it should be written in English, just like Phonograph corrected the names. I got it now...
Old Sep 14, 2011, 03:10 PM
VGMdb Staff

Deleted Pony Canyon from publisher field: even though CD Japan lists it, on the CD itself I can't see any mention of Pony dudes. I shouldn't have put them there in first place, but whatever.

Last edited by Efendija; Sep 14, 2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:22 AM

Well, let's discuss about some artists credited on this album:

I don't have anything definitive that confirms the romanization of 加藤佐代子, but there is a mention of a certain Sayoko Kato (most likely reading of 加藤佐代子) as keyboardist. I don't know if someone else can share more info on this artist.

Then, it's 金井太郎 credited for various roles in the third track (originally titled "多層海のネバーランド"). Searching for that tracktitle we found this site and guess who's credited there as member of Pascals, 金井太郎 = Taro Kanai.

About the guest musician (青木和義) credited for mandolin and mandola, it's very likely one of the members of this band, whose romanized name is Kazuyoshi Aoki (source).The only connection I've found between this artist and one of the other musicians credited on this album is this blog entry (It seems that 松尾清憲 enjoys meeting with his friends of BANDA PLANETARIO).

The last artist (西村純) is, with all certainty, Jun Nishimura. Here, you can see him to perform along with Kiyonori Matsuo and Kazuyuki Komuro.

Except 加藤佐代子, I think the other artists' romanizations are more than confirmed but if someone wants to say something...
Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:54 AM
VGMdb Staff

Holy shit, this takes me back a bit lol... one of my initial submissions
Thank you for the nice work isdapi!
Old Mar 17, 2013, 01:44 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
I don't have anything definitive that confirms the romanization of 加藤佐代子, but there is a mention of a certain Sayoko Kato (most likely reading of 加藤佐代子) as keyboardist. I don't know if someone else can share more info on this artist.
I searched on Google and there's a few pages from 2005 have a keyboard player named 加藤さよこ. So there's that too. Not that it helps though.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
I searched on Google and there's a few pages from 2005 have a keyboard player named 加藤さよこ. So there's that too. Not that it helps though.
Don't underestimate any findings, because they may lead you to something important. Thanks to your finding of 加藤さよこ, I found this page in which she's credited along with 小室和幸 (Kazuyuki Komuro) and that's the kind of connection we're looking for. Now that we know that 加藤さよこ collaborated with Kazuyuki Komuro, the question is: Can 加藤さよこ be romanized as "Sayoko Kato"? Well, Sayoko is confirmed since is already written in hiragana, but not Kato. Anyway, I've found this page in which there is a photo where we can see to 加藤さよこ playing the keyboard, and I'd say that this artist is the same than the one (take a look at the only woman in those images) credited as Sayoko Kato, member of Beagle Hat Project.

To me that's enough evidence, but I leave to you guys to decide.

Last edited by isdapi; Mar 18, 2013 at 12:27 AM.