VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:55 PM

Just added the official tracklist earlier.

Note that the titles are listed as (example) "Hazama Theme Song (Hazama Teemu Kyoku)", not "Hazama's Theme Song (Hazama no Teemu Kyoku)".
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Is Hirokazu Matsumoto a confirmed reading for 松本広和 ?
Old Jan 22, 2010, 01:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Is Hirokazu Matsumoto a confirmed reading for 松本広和 ?
I couldn't find any source confirm this reading. By the way, why 松本広和 and Seiji Miura is credited in this album? If you look in the booklet, only Norichika Sato and Yoshihiro Kusano are the arrangers.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 01:25 PM

I removed some of the arranger credits that were rejected in another entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoc View Post
I couldn't find any source confirm this reading. By the way, why 松本広和 and Seiji Miura is credited in this album? If you look in the booklet, only Norichika Sato and Yoshihiro Kusano are the arrangers.
Those vocal arrangers and lyricists are credited at the lyric pages. Scans like this or Okami makes me wish we could turn them 90~180 degrees...

http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=69422
http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=69423
Old Jan 22, 2010, 03:54 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Looking to the scans gives pain in my neck... I really don't know why the last page of the booklet didn't provide the complete credits.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 06:00 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Scan rotation would be pretty cool feature, and there may be code to do it in the image library we use.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 03:47 PM

Oops. I approved by mistake a recent edit that changed the translation of "Gale". I was about to reject it, since bringing a third translation to the Note field of this entry in particular make it just worse and we should change other entries as well, preferably with a post in the discussion thread before.

So, of "Gale", "REPPU/Reppu", "Wind", what's the best? (see this discussion for reference). I for one think "Gale" is fine. "Wind" isn't so good.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 05:47 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Ok, let's see:
- In the game's _sound test_, it's translated (in the US version) as "Gale" -> Valid
- Also in the game's song titles used elsewhere (VS music selector), this is written as REPPUU (other tracks are all in caps too) -> Valid
- _One sentence_ in the lyrics writes "Reppuu" but pronounces "Kaze" -> I think this is just for style and not meant for the track name, so kaze/wind is bleh (the track should be named like it's OST counterpart IMO)

Also, in the Guilty Gear series there is a similar situation in a couple of tracks:
- The GG albums use 風雅 (we translate as "Elegance") and 陰祭り (as "Festival of Shadows")
- The sound tests always write "FUUGA" and "KA-GE-MA-TSU-RI"
- I don't think either track was officially translated by US publishers

I'm fine with either REPPUU or Gale but I think we should be consistent for BlazBlue and GG albums. I think the sound tests names are written by Arc System Works themselves in romaji like that even in JP releases.

EDIT: fixed BlazBlue's info a bit, the point remains the same though.

Last edited by Dag; Aug 29, 2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 02:27 AM

Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like tracklist should be based on the sound test mode, but I'd like to leave the issue with somebody familiar with the games. Meanwhile, I've rolled back the edit in the note.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:10 PM

Added a couple of better translations for Queen of rose and Stardust memory.