VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 1, 2011, 05:07 AM

Shouldn't 末海 be Matsuumi instead of Miu... or just 未海 like it appears on KIGA-9? I'm talking about the composer and lyricist of "Until".

In any case, notes for the composer of "Until" must be corrected in KICA-1457~8 and AQMC-004 since it should be 末海 and not Susumu Mameda. Susumu Mameda only made the arrangements for this one.

Booklet mistakes:

"Tears to Tiara - Victory Song" lyricist information (both booklet and vgmdb notes) are contradictory on the albums KICA-1440, AQMC-004 and KICA-1457~8 (this one).

In this one they credited Naoko Sutani (the lyricist of Utawarerumono remake ending theme song), instead of Susumu Mameda. They realised this mistake only this year with the release of Pure2 album (KIGA-10). So we should fix that info here too.

Btw, it was interestingly odd that in this booklet both lyricist and lyric-translator were called "Naoko"... (are they the same person with a different alias? Naoko.O and Naoko Sutani?)

Another mistake on this booklet was the translator's name of "Tears to Tiara - Victory Song". It shouldn't be "O.Naoko". It was always "Naoko.O" in both AQMC-004 and KICA-1440 and, in a more recent album (Pure2 / KIGA-10), it was also referenced as Naoko.O once again.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 02:27 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for the research!

I noticed that the credits for "Tears to Tiara - Victory Song" are correct on this album in the tracklist (booklet page 2), but not the lyrics page. Conversely, the credits for "Until" are correct on the lyrics page, but not the tracklist. They didn't do a very good job quality checking this one. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsblade View Post
Shouldn't 末海 be Matsuumi instead of Miu... or just 未海 like it appears on KIGA-9? I'm talking about the composer and lyricist of "Until".

In any case, notes for the composer of "Until" must be corrected in KICA-1457~8 and AQMC-004 since it should be 末海 and not Susumu Mameda. Susumu Mameda only made the arrangements for this one.
I just wanted to point out that you wrote that person's name in two different ways: 末海 (long upper bar in the first character) and 未海 (short upper bar). The second appears to be correct, and it's indeed readable as "Miu." I'm not sure we have a confirmed reading for that name, though, so we should probably just leave it as 未海 as it is in the artist entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsblade View Post
Another mistake on this booklet was the translator's name of "Tears to Tiara - Victory Song". It shouldn't be "O.Naoko". It was always "Naoko.O" in both AQMC-004 and KICA-1440 and, in a more recent album (Pure2 / KIGA-10), it was also referenced as Naoko.O once again.
I'm not sure I'd classify "O.Naoko" as an error; assuming the O is short for a family name, it could just be that the name's ordered in the usual Japanese way instead of Western order. "Naoko.O" definitely seems to be preferred, though.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 04:52 PM

Now that "Kakan no Daichi" received an official English title we should probably update all the unofficial titles (e.g. "Earth's Wreath") to "Tears to Tiara: Garland of the Earth".

Sources:

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...heet_Arawn.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/26...8Siliconera%29

http://www.atlus.com/aquapazza/index.html (soon)

Official Aquapazza blog
(Aquaplus Dream Match).

Edit: same for "Utawarerumono: Lullaby to the Dying"

Done

Last edited by newsblade; Oct 2, 2013 at 02:46 PM.