VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 7, 2020, 06:23 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I just added this one to the database. Composer credits come from this video (at the 1:50 mark): https://youtu.be/3sTeDVvlVCo?t=111

The soundtrack disc comes inside the game's case. I've added images of the disc, a detail of the back of the game case (indicating that the soundtrack disc is inside), and a contents photo with the game case, game disc, and soundtrack disc.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 06:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

This profile says Keiichi Sugiyama (credited as sound director & creator) did BGM: https://www.minet.jp/contents/articl...oies-sugiyama/. JASRAC has him credited for every single piece of BGM on this disc.

The vocal credits on JASRAC are:
01 Composition: Kazuya Nishioka / Lyrics: Masato Amada
02 Composition: Kazuya Nishioka / Lyrics: 小林治
03 Composition: Kazuya Nishioka / Lyrics: Masato Amada
Old Jan 7, 2020, 08:53 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
This profile says Keiichi Sugiyama (credited as sound director & creator) did BGM: https://www.minet.jp/contents/articl...oies-sugiyama/. JASRAC has him credited for every single piece of BGM on this disc.

The vocal credits on JASRAC are:
01 Composition: Kazuya Nishioka / Lyrics: Masato Amada
02 Composition: Kazuya Nishioka / Lyrics: 小林治
03 Composition: Kazuya Nishioka / Lyrics: Masato Amada
In a situation like this, should we just add Keiichi Sugiyama to the list of composers? I feel like it's probably an error on the part of whoever registered the compositions with JASRAC, since I doubt they would have included those four composers as BGM composers in the game's staff role if they didn't contribute. The only other explanation would be that those four contributed BGM that they didn't include on the soundtrack disc.

Last edited by Chris Porter; Jan 7, 2020 at 08:59 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 08:58 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Also, confirmed the reading of 小林治's name as Osamu Kobayashi:

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B0...82%BF%E3%83%BC)
Old Jan 7, 2020, 09:43 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah there are some rare cases where only one person is erroneously credited for an entire work on JASRAC, which is why I didn't immediately edit the page, although the in-game credit for those Sound AMS folks for "cooperation" is also a little vague.

I don't know anything about this game so I dunno if it has additional music besides what's here on the soundtrack
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:11 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Yeah there are some rare cases where only one person is erroneously credited for an entire work on JASRAC, which is why I didn't immediately edit the page, although the in-game credit for those Sound AMS folks for "cooperation" is also a little vague.

I don't know anything about this game so I dunno if it has additional music besides what's here on the soundtrack
If you look at the pages here on VGMdb of those four composers credited as BGM 協力, you'll see they all worked on largely the same games together. I would guess that they were involved at least in some way with BGM composition. I think your most recent edits are good: leaving them in the composer field and adding the info from the staff role. Thanks for the help with this one.