VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:09 AM

I changed the title to "Pokémon the Movie 2000 The Power of One"
I don't know if it is ok to add "MUSIC FROM AND INSPIRED BY THE MOTION PICTURE"
It is on the cd.

Track 15:
Composed by: John Lissauer, Manny Corallo and John Loeffler

Track 16:
Composed by: Ralph Shuckett and John Loeffler
Orchestral Score arrange: Ralhp Schuckett

These are from my booklet of the cd. Some of the other songs don't have even who is the lyricist or composer, and much of them are credited as "Performed by".

I can later add more info. in 2 or 3 hours.

Track 16 was taken from the Movie score. That seems not be added here ... yet

EDIT:

In here it credits "written", which I assume it is meaning both music composition and lyrics. I never get these American releases....
anyway... but the booklet is not really specific in some of the songs as.... "writen by" It has names between [] but don't really confirm who are they in fact. There are some exceptions, since those are the ones I could edit the info. I don't really thing "produced by" and "recorded by" is necessary... or is it? :/

Last edited by RomanticScent; Apr 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 01:22 PM
VGMdb Staff

The thing about "written by" does usually mean both composition and lyrics, but the very obvious problem is next: when you have a number of people with "written by" credits it's impossible that each person composed music AND wrote lyrics. In the west job is separated too - some do the lyrics, some music, but it's still normal (again in the west) to credit them all just with "written by" so you can't really know (without a number of additional sources) who exactly did the music and who did the lyrics.

I solve this in a simple way really:
-written by thing is ok for notes, but if music/lyrics separation can't be made, I'm not putting any of the artists in composer/lyricist fields.
-if I've gathered additional info and made the separation, I use comp/lyr fields.

And that is for vocal tracks. But it's not unusual you have written by thing for tracks that don't have any vocals; then even if it's 'written by' it really means the composition so it's ok in that case.

Last edited by Efendija; Apr 11, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 10:57 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Just a note: these pokemon albums mostly have a bunch of western licensed artists, so I'm not going to attempt to link them for now.