VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:03 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hayato Matsuo listed as composer for the SNES version on the Syvalion Wiki Page here, apparently under the tutelage of Koichi Sugiyama:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%...82%AA%E3%83%B3
Old Mar 12, 2008, 12:35 PM

I've been going through old threads in this section and it is very cool to see this listed. Syvalion SFC has a great soundtrack. It totally sounds like it was composed with the stock MIDI instruments, but does some nice funky stuff with them. And you can't beat that title: *Bwooooooooooosh.....* "Syvalion!"
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:00 PM

Snesmusic.org also credits Katsunari Kitajima, although that's not for any "arranged" version and I'm always glad to have a less crowded "artist" field, besides. Fip I wonder why I didn't look this one up sooner. It is definitely one of the stranger and more ambitious Super Nintendo soundtracks that I listen to.
Now the trick is to find out which of those titles correspond to which of these if I convince myself that I care.

Last edited by Garnobium; Jun 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:21 AM

It's pretty easy to figure out which is which comparing between the SNESMUSIC set and the CD.

I am still confused about Kitajima's role too. We don't yet have scans for this album though; maybe that would clarify things, if anyone can provide them. I don't expect anyone but Matsuo to be involved with the music though. Also I adore this soundtrack, fantastic stuff.