VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace View Post
I've found a decent amount since I last posted on here, put them up to share with people Here
Thanks for sharing. This is quite some good work with XG, didn't know SSH focused this much on it.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 06:27 AM

Weird... someone made a post to this thread but the post as well as the user disappeared? (got an email notification to this thread) I don't recall it being possible to delete one's own post on this forum.

Anyway, it was regarding the sound similarities between S.S.H. and Hellion Sounds albums which was pointed out earlier in this thread.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 08:32 PM

Would you happen to have a digital download of Holy Orders or know where I could purchase it (either physical or digital)? I have been looking everywhere and you definitely seem to be the best person to ask haha
Old Dec 26, 2020, 04:21 AM

I am pleased to announce a few changes to the website - the biggest of which is the S.S.H. Song Database (click to view).

In the S.S.H. Song Database I have S.S.H.'s 20 years (2001 to current) body of work catalogued which comprises close to 1000 tracks (all unique tracks, apart from a few). Each of the songs have audio samples and each have been assigned a unique ID (similar to how every vgmdb album has an ID number).

It's all on a single page so I recommend using the table of contents on the same page or navigating via the tag/metadata section (click to view).

Other minor site changes include some reorganisation of the site contents and cosmetic adjustments.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
4. Translate/search through his .txt files (accompanied with .mp3) for interesting/useful information (1%).
Now that I've got the database set up, I'm ready to go through all of the text files. The text files are basically liner notes, except for individual tracks instead of albums. For that matter, I will also be looking through liner notes for actual albums (if available). It will probably take a while so check back once a week or so for new updates/translations.

Note that I won't be translating 100% of everything. For example, translating music theory or musical concepts from Japanese into English is hard enough when I barely get them in English itself so I will ignore them for the most part. But I will translate a decent amount of anything I think will be useful, enlightening, amusing and/or funny for the average S.S.H. fan. For a particularly insane example, consider: [SSH-0179] Cerberus~Hell Watchdog.

Spoiler:
According to the liner notes, "Cerberus" is a 6-man ba... sorry, 6-dog band consisting of:

1. "Pochi" the lead guitar as well as head of the band - he also goes by the nickname "Pentatonic Pochi".

2. Pochi's close friend, brown-furred "John", nickname "Sonic Speed Harmonic Minor John", who is the other leader of Cerberus

At this point, he (i.e. Pochi) goes on a tangent and gives a brief basic music theory lesson on Pentatonics and Harmonic Minors. Names mentioned: Yngwie, Impellitteri, Timo Tolkki (of Stratovarius).

3. "Pess" AKA "Lead Killer Pess" who has the backing guitar role - he is usually a quiet dog but as a "Guitar Yakuza", his personality changes when he picks up a guitar. Pess used to be called "Orthrus" (note 1: Orthrus is the two-headed brother of three-headed Cerberus; note 2: Orthrus is mentioned in the Lost Child/Project Cerberus games) and at one point, was disbanded. In the younger days of "Cerberus" Pochi was looking for somedog to take up side guitar duties, and on one cold snowy day, he noticed Pess/Orthrus shivering inside a cardboard box on the side of the road. Sad

4. The "mood-maker" keyboardist "PAT-RUSH" AKA "Sleepy-Eye Pat" who has the talent of sleeping within three seconds. Pochi suggests that you don't mention the word "Nero" in front of Pat. Pat contributed the Rock Organ part of the song. He is also a Satanist, likes Satanic Metal, and for some reason, hates Angels.

5. Next is the foundation of the band "Yokota" who plays bass and drums. Also known as "Police Yokota", Yokota may or may not used to be a policedog and his special skill is biting. During live performances, he has a habit of playing as well as chewing the strings of the bass. Yokota respects Jimi Hendrix.

6. Finally, there is the brawny drummer "Goonta" or "Uragon" due to his split personalities: during the day he is "CM Dog" and munches on fake bones but when the moon is out, he becomes "HM Dog" and swaps them for drum sticks. On nights where there are no live performances or band practice, he seems to work as a bouncer (i.e. Yojimbo). His special skill is "Stick Blinding" (poking his drum sticks into the eyes of the unfortunate target).

In conclusion, Pochi and his eccentric band of heavy metal-loving canines hope you enjoy their debut song "Hell Watchdog".

Apart from that, I also dedicated a separate web page for my S.S.H. Collection. Missing the newer stuff (no issues here) but also still missing a few of the older stuff unfortunately.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 01:27 PM

I'm not the biggest Twitter user but I logged on today and saw this tweet from SSH, explaining his recent depression. He's taking a rest for a while.

This is terrible news and I feel just awful. I haven't followed his blogs/twitter for too long, does anyone know if SSH has ever described having a history of this or anything similar? Severe depression is an absolute killer and I really really hope he recovers as quickly as possible.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenissimusDux View Post
I'm not the biggest Twitter user but I logged on today and saw this tweet from SSH, explaining his recent depression. He's taking a rest for a while.

This is terrible news and I feel just awful. I haven't followed his blogs/twitter for too long, does anyone know if SSH has ever described having a history of this or anything similar? Severe depression is an absolute killer and I really really hope he recovers as quickly as possible.
My Twitter usage is minimal but I have read through most of S.S.H.'s tweets (albeit briefly and apart from the very early tweets 2011~) and other writings and as far as I can tell, little to none of his words gave any hints of depression and related matters. His tweets are for the most part uncontroversial and the closest things that I can recall that could be considered complaints are about the weather (e.g. too hot, too cold, etc), issues relating to his health/body/lifestyle (e.g. I'm tired, I'm sleepy, etc), and various Coronavirus-related comments. So this recent news seem to have come out of nowhere. Even with his tweets a few days ago, I am still unclear exactly the nature of the issue.

In the period of June and July, he had redesigned and updated his website; made a new YouTube channel and uploaded a few videos; and composed some new songs. Due to this recent activity as well as him publicly announcing and seeking freelance work, my impression was that he wanted to get busy with work again.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 03:52 AM

Hi,

I'm amazed from all your work done to document all this stuff from S.S.H.

Have you already added his tracks from the One Finger Death Punch 2 OST?
Afaik he contributed 6 tracks in total to that OST but I don't seem to be able to find them in your database.

It seems he also created a remix of the "アドバタイズ - Advertise" track from the Koihime Enbu OST which can be heard in this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW64yBe2YeU

And since you are very well educated with S.S.H. and his work, maybe you can tell if this track is being made by S.S.H. or someone else:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM1eJxZXRP8

I'm asking me this for a very long time, it's a very similar style but I'm still not sure if it's really from S.S.H. since there are more composers out there who used these synths.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 09:26 AM

Hello, I am pleased to hear that you found my site useful and informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamaru View Post
Afaik he contributed 6 tracks in total to that OST but I don't seem to be able to find them in your database.

It seems he also created a remix of the "アドバタイズ - Advertise" track from the Koihime Enbu OST which can be heard in this trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW64yBe2YeU
I was completely unaware of his contributions to One Finger Death Punch (as well as another game called Devil Engine) until S.S.H. mentioned them a month or two ago. Both games were released early 2019 so that's quite a long time ago (in the case of OFDP's huge soundtrack, it may be possible he added his tracks some time later). In any case, I am examining both OSTs and they'll be added to my site soon.

In regards to Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai, if I remember correctly (I could be wrong), I think there was also a new character or new stage theme. Once I figure out exactly what's new, I'll also update my database.

Quote:
And since you are very well educated with S.S.H. and his work, maybe you can tell if this track is being made by S.S.H. or someone else:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM1eJxZXRP8

I'm asking me this for a very long time, it's a very similar style but I'm still not sure if it's really from S.S.H. since there are more composers out there who used these synths.

Thanks in advance.
That track does sound very similar to S.S.H.'s 2001~2002 music and he has arranged some Akumajou Dracula songs before. The guitar starting at 0:26 screams classic S.S.H. and the solo guitar shred also sounds like something he would do. If it was buried in other S.S.H. music, I would assume it is also his. But back in the early 2000s, a lot of the doujin game arrangers had a similar sound (e.g. synth guitars) so I would need more proof that it is actually a S.S.H. song. For example, I have never seen S.S.H. talk about the Game Boy Dracula Densetsu game or mention "Battle of the Holy" before.

Having said that, I did read through all the comments and one of the YouTube commenters claim that the true composer (whose website is no longer active) is someone called "Kuromame" and that he also arranged something from Super Robot Taisen.

I did some searches and I came across this: https://a.hatena.ne.jp/mmk1632/.cgi?of=50&gid=68810

I think "hatena" is some sort of RSS website that automatically notifies you when a website you're watching is updated. In this case, it looks it keeps track of various doujin music websites, and one of them is a website called "OTOPON FLAPON" which has the inactive URL of http://www.otofla.com and is owned by a 「素敵&クロマメ」(Suteki & Kuromame). One of the site updates is this: [08/12/14] ドラキュラ伝説 - Battle of the Holy as well as a few Super Robot Taisen tracks.

If we do a search for OTOPON FLAPON, we get the actual current and active website (albeit last updated 2013): http://otofla.s370.xrea.com

And yes, one of the downloadable tracks is Battle of the Holy - the same from the YouTube link. We can finally confirm it is Kuromame's work, not S.S.H's.

The sound source for this track is the Yamaha MU500 which was released in 2000 so that explains why many doujin game music sounded similar back then. I can't remember if S.S.H. used this specific model but he has used the Yamaha MU2000 (released 1999).

One last funny thing is that Kuromame has similar taste in music to S.S.H.: Ace Combat, Thunderforce, Super Robot Taisen, Hyper Duel, Blast Wind, Masou Kishin, Megami Tensei. They even arranged the same tracks from those games.

Last edited by layzee; Aug 6, 2021 at 09:32 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure if the following tweet is related to the above but he revealed that in 2016, he bought an RPG making program called "SMILE GAME BUILDER". Think "RPG Maker/Tsukuru" except it's not RPG Maker and it has a 3D engine. While composing songs at the same time as making an RPG, he hoped to have ready a playable demo within 2016, which didn't happen.

On another tweet on the same day, he hoped for a March 2017 release. But it's April the 1st as of 2 hours ago (it might still be March the 31st in your country). Anyway, that doesn't look like it's happening.

What we do have are 4 background music for the game he is making. In that tweet, he ponders on what town music should sound like.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a Megami Tensei-esque Rougelike/RPG game since that's one of his favourite game franchises and probably a first-person viewpoint one.
Wow, was this back in 2016/2017? Anyway, he revealed his game for the first time in February 2021. Screenshots and a trailer/preview video here (note the new music): http://ssh.ne.jp/game

I reuploaded it to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F0damZ69Bk

Anyway, I was wrong, it is a Metal Max-esque game. In case you don't know, the Metal Max/Saga franchise are a multiplatform game series (original game on the Nintendo Famicom) and are obscure in the West (even if a few games were translated into English). They are open world RPGs set in Mad Max-style (hence the name) post-apocalyptic wastelands. S.S.H. loves Metal Max so him making this game makes complete sense.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 12:35 AM

That was a really insightful and interesting read. Thank you for that.

So finally I know about that Castlevania arrangement. I always thought it sounded a bit off to be a S.S.H. track but at the same time very similar.
I knew about some other doujin artists with these Yamaha MU synths like Ezel-Ash, TASMister or Dark Phoenix but I never heard of Kuromame.

I think I would buy his game just for the music. Hopefully he will release the OST someday.

Beside that, I read his newest twitter post and it seems he is in a seriously bad condition atm. Hopefully he will be fine.

Last edited by Takamaru; Aug 7, 2021 at 12:56 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:49 AM

Just an overall update post about S.S.H's activities so we're all on the same page. Starting from old news to recent news.

1. The current state of Touhou.

The Touhou arrange albums, which is a joint project with Eru (of Aether), had its most recent release at the end of 2019. These albums began in 2012 and has had multiple releases in every year without fail up till 2019. There were no S.S.H./Eru Touhou albums in 2020, which breaks that release streak, and none so far in 2021.

2. S.S.H.'s current projects.

After the Koihime series in 2014~2016, he would focus on the following three things:
  • Continuing the aforementioned Touhou arrange albums with Eru.
  • Working on his original works/CD albums.
  • Arranging tracks from mozell.

This continues to the present day.

3. What is mozell/mozeen/mozecon?

mozell is an original game music composer (2014 to current) for a game that may or may not exist. In other words, he composes for a "concept" game. He belongs to the "mozeen" organisation and "mozecon" is a title for some of his albums. If this hypothetical game he is composing for exists (which it may, I'm not completely sure), it may come in the form of an RPG Maker game.

From what I can tell, his compositions are pretty popular and multiple people have gone on to arrange his works over the years. S.S.H. is one of them, and contributed a full album under the title "Mozetama!" in 2020.

4. S.S.H. activities 2017~.

As far as I can tell, apart from posting a bunch of Twitter posts every once in a while (e.g. month long breaks in between), he would be mostly quietly composing and arranging songs and producing albums and to promote them on various platforms (e.g. his website, Soundcloud, Twitter, etc).

Notable in 2019, he would secretly (from my perspective anyway) contribute music to two Steam games: One Finger Death Punch 2 (a Western-made game) and Devil Engine (debatable). Also adds a new track or two to Version 3 of Koihime Enbu in the same year or in 2020. No announcements or promotions about any of these from S.S.H. that I am aware of.

5. S.S.H. in 2020~2021.

During this period, S.S.H. would make further efforts into distributing his music digitally, signing up for multiple digital music shopfronts.

In July 2021, S.S.H. does the following:
  • He revamps and updates his website and website contents.
  • He publicly announces on various platforms his intention to freelance.
  • He announces for the first time (that I know of) his 2019 Steam game music contributions.
  • He reveals concrete details of "Dark Nave Dungeon", a free game he has been working on since probably 2016.
  • He reveals his YouTube account (created in May 2021) and his intention to contribute to it.
  • He uploads 6 YouTube videos (two are inspired by Windows 10 sounds).
  • Beginning with a possible 12th of July prelude, he states that he is "recovering from a depression" on the 18th of July. Currently, he may or may not be hospitalised and/or taking medication.

That should about wrap things up.

As far as my website is concerned, for now I'm mainly just slowly translating liner notes and S.S.H.'s other music-related posts and comments. "Slowly" because to be honest, translating is a bit of a pain and a bit boring and there's quite a bit to do. I will get it done eventually though.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
The developer of the game says that S.S.H. contributed 7 tracks. After looking through the soundtrack and despite the lack of artist and title metadata, S.S.H's tracks are easily found. There were a few techno/electronic and Koihime Musou/Enbu-style oriental Chinese-sounding tracks and S.S.H. is no stranger to those genres. But the dev says 7 tracks and those 7 were obvious S.S.H. tracks so I think we can safely end the analysis there.

Anyway, here they are:

Original Tracks
https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0970
https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0971
https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0972
https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0973
https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0974

So far, I do not know which track has which track name:
  • Fighting Spirit
  • Two Finger Death Punch
  • SDG's Revenge
  • Kung Fu Power
  • Big Boss

I also do not know the exact release date, just 2019.

Past Tracks
https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0713
https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0827
"I Wish" and "Burial Chamber" were from S.S.H.'s past original albums and from what I can hear, has no changes.

I am still looking for "Celestial Avatar" from the SHMUP game "Devil Engine":

https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0975

I think it used to be offered as DLC as an arranged soundtrack (with other musicians) but probably due to legal/rights issues, it's a bit difficult to get now.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 12:57 PM

It doesn't get said enough but Layzee you are absolutely brilliant and I'm very thankful for all your valuable efforts on this amazing project.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:50 AM

Quote:
It doesn't get said enough but Layzee you are absolutely brilliant and I'm very thankful for all your valuable efforts on this amazing project.
Thanks for the kind words. I am always pleased to hear positive feedback from viewers of my website who tell me they found it useful/informative. Which I do get occasionally, as direct messages, but public ones are fine too.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datschge View Post
Thanks for sharing. This is quite some good work with XG, didn't know SSH focused this much on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace View Post
I've found a decent amount since I last posted on here, put them up to share with people Here
Sorry to be a pain Jace but the link is dead now. Also Layzee would it be alright if you could upload your S.S.H midis aswell?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:42 AM

So I only just got around to listening the Gain Ground PS2 music and holy freaking lord in heaven, it's so good. Thanks a lot for your write up about it on Page 1, it's one of the few interesting things I could even find about S.S.H's involvement. I wanted to find out more about if the below Tr.3 was an arrange or original:

Quote:
03 原始~起~(勇者達のテーマ)[EXTRA GAME BGM1] (4:31)
..because imho to my tastes, that is legitimately one of the finest compositions S.S.H has ever put his genius mind to.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 11:46 AM

Recently I've been doing some translations of liner notes from some of S.S.H.'s works. See here for more details: https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/saitama/sshmain.html

All S.S.H. fans should in particular have a read of the pretty lengthy liner notes of FOUR SEAM for some insight to the inner workings of S.S.H.: https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa....html#SSH-0925

I also did somewhat of a rewrite of my Gain Ground soundtrack from 2016 and some minor cosmetic changes: https://home.exetel.com.au/layzee/sa...ainground.html
I did it just to go further indepth and to put it out there on the Internet for its own sake.

PS. Anyone have any idea why my website might not be showing in Google results? It used to be reasonably up high in the results but it's not appearing at all now. Bing has no problems showing it.

Quote:
So I only just got around to listening the Gain Ground PS2 music and holy freaking lord in heaven, it's so good. Thanks a lot for your write up about it on Page 1, it's one of the few interesting things I could even find about S.S.H's involvement. I wanted to find out more about if the below Tr.3 was an arrange or original:

..because imho to my tastes, that is legitimately one of the finest compositions S.S.H has ever put his genius mind to.
I'm pleased to hear it.

As far as that track (and some of the others on the album) is concerned, they are completely original.

One thing I didn't notice until now is that track 3 doesn't loop until just over 4 minutes. This is compared to all the other tracks which loop at around 2 minutes, or 2:30 at the most.

So I guess there might be something special about this track that S.S.H. decide to maybe pay extra attention to and give it the 4 minute treatment. I'll have to ask him for his thoughts on this if I get the chance.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
One thing I didn't notice until now is that track 3 doesn't loop until just over 4 minutes. This is compared to all the other tracks which loop at around 2 minutes, or 2:30 at the most.

So I guess there might be something special about this track that S.S.H. decide to maybe pay extra attention to and give it the 4 minute treatment. I'll have to ask him for his thoughts on this if I get the chance.
Totally agree. For me there's an extra special place of respect for those VGM artists that routinely show their own passion and dedication in this way. Another example off the top of my head is Atsushi Shirakawa (TENMON) when he was with Falcom Sound Team jdk composing (amongst many other jaw-dropping things) a breathtaking 5-and-a-half-minute non-looping character select theme of all things, for goodness' sake (i.e. VM Japan - Warriors)

Quote:
PS. Anyone have any idea why my website might not be showing in Google results? It used to be reasonably up high in the results but it's not appearing at all now. Bing has no problems showing it.
that's just bizarre about your site not displaying in Google. I wonder if there's any SEO-competent folks here able to advise? On the bright side, atleast Google shows this thread
Old Oct 25, 2021, 02:55 PM

I am pleased to be here among people who love the music of this man. For a long time I wondered if it was indeed just one man, more than one man, a fan composing their own arrangements or a more traditional or 'legit' game composer.

After acquainting myself with some of the information contained within the relevant S.S.H. dedicated site, it would seem that he was effectively all of these things!

The creator of this site [bear with me, my brain is melted in pain so forgive me, please, but it's important I be here] is doing some great work by putting all of this information here for posterity so the world can know more about this great artist.

I would love to increase my knowledge base re: soundchips as bascially wth else am I gonna do.

Last edited by Icomposer; Oct 25, 2021 at 03:04 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 04:53 PM

Nice to see some new tracks, even if they aren't actually new-new. Hadn't heard the ones from One Finger Death Punch 2 and Devil Engine. Curious about new Koihime Enbu tracks, I haven't seen the new ones for Version 3.

Regarding your missing songs text file, is that accurate? I thought you had Theme of Mechazombie from Dear My Friends (I have it).

Also I think that Deceitful Wings from the Soundtrack Book is the same as the Red Lucifer Rising arrange version, with a one second(ish) difference just due to differing silence. But if you are confident they are different I'll defer to your knowledge, because I don't know for sure.

Since it's not updated on your site yet, someone posted a list from the game matching names to the numbers for the OFDP2 tracks. "26" is Fighting Spirit, "46" is Two Finger Death Punch, and "47" is Kung Fu Power. The game apparently doesn't distinguish "55" and "60."
Old Oct 28, 2021, 10:51 AM

A small update with a few new (and old) additions to the database:

[SSH-0411] 2005.05.26 [イリスのアトリエ エターナルマナ2 Soundtrack Book] Deceitful Wings

I was planning on getting a hard copy of this album but because this track has a 99.9% chance of being the same as the one on the arrange album, it was low priority so I never ended up getting a physical copy. And I wasn't simply going to cheat and do a copy and paste from the actual arrange album. In the past I tried to look for a digital copy and nobody had it but now we do so here it is. I can confirm it is the same as "Deceitful Wings (album version) on the album.

[SSH-0976] 2013.08.12 [Land of the Rising Sun] 05 Raven Down / feat. 埼玉最終兵器

I found out about this track while reading through S.S.H.'s liner notes. This song is from ECE-SMZ's album "Land of the Rising Sun" and is the same as S.S.H.'s Raven Down (guitar instrumental version) except it has additional vocals on the album. This album is not catalogued on vgmdb.

[SSH-0979] 2020.04.29 [恋姫†演武 ~遼来来~ バージョン3] アドバタイズ
[SSH-0980] 2020.04.29 [恋姫†演武 ~遼来来~ バージョン3] 洛陽

These are the two known new tracks from Version 3 of Koihime Enbu: RyoRaiRai. The first is the arranged opening song and the second is a new stage theme.

[SSH-0977] 2021.10.24 [東方ベストコンピレーションCD東方九十九折] 1-01 遠野幻想物語'21

Appears to be a new Touhou arrange that Aether also contributed to. It is track 1 from disc 1 of a massive 10-disc Touhou arrange album.

[SSH-0978] 2021.10.24 [風-KANDACHI] 01 初嵐 -MiS-

Appears to be a new Touhou arrange.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
VM Japan
VM Japan happens to be one of my favourite Falcom albums and it's been many years since I've listened to it. And yes, it is wonderfully ridiculous that a character select theme can be that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icomposer View Post
I am pleased to be here among people who love the music of this man.
I am also just as pleased whenever someone comes across my site for the first time despite little to no advertising or promotion from my end. Good to hear that it proved useful to you and for recognising the motivation behind the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosblade View Post
Curious about new Koihime Enbu tracks, I haven't seen the new ones for Version 3.
See above post for an update.

Quote:
Regarding your missing songs text file, is that accurate? I thought you had Theme of Mechazombie from Dear My Friends (I have it).
Ah, I forgot to remove that so I'll have to update that file later.

Quote:
Also I think that Deceitful Wings from the Soundtrack Book is the same as the Red Lucifer Rising arrange version, with a one second(ish) difference just due to differing silence. But if you are confident they are different I'll defer to your knowledge, because I don't know for sure.
See above post for an update. There was a 99% chance they were the same but I was banking on a 1% chance that it might be a prototype track or have different instrumentals or something. Anyway, regardless of whether it's the same track or not (it's the same), it remains in the database for the sake of completeness.

Quote:
Since it's not updated on your site yet, someone posted a list from the game matching names to the numbers for the OFDP2 tracks. "26" is Fighting Spirit, "46" is Two Finger Death Punch, and "47" is Kung Fu Power. The game apparently doesn't distinguish "55" and "60."
Okay that's useful. Now I have a name for my favourite new S.S.H. track: "Kung Fu Power".

Only SDG’s Revenge and Big Boss are unaccounted for.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 06:31 PM

Hello. Where can I donate to Kuromame for his music work, Battle of the Holy? If not donate, then buy. That is all.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 02:58 PM

Hello again everyone,as we know SSH used a tone generator called the Yamaha MU-2000 during the early days.Out of curosity and awe of this mighty synth i decided to buy one and run through a midi that i found on the old SSH website called Heart of fire from Castlevania 1 as i cant recall there being an MP3 of it anywhere.Ive uploaded this on youtube https://youtu.be/X3Idrofzc24 My recording technique still requires work and im in the process of getting equipment to record digitally so please if lazyee or anyone else has SSH midis i would love to have a copy for preservation and entertainment purposes.
Old May 2, 2022, 01:45 PM

Im back again with another track i havent seen uploaded elsewhere.I was kindly donated a n SSH midi from someone not of this site, the track is called Ontology from the rance series since my last SSH upload i have upgraded from an analog setup to a digital one using toslink cables so i hope the quality is more akin to an ssh mp3 from 2000-2002 era.I will reach out again in asking if anyone has SSH midis please could i have a copy for rendering and preservation puposes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWDDNLYcLKw
Old May 17, 2022, 01:14 PM

Here is After Burner for the MU-2000EX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNr70T1cJco
Midi was donated by someone who goes by the name kei
Old May 21, 2022, 02:22 AM

Now for something thought to be lost to time i present SSH's version of a cold shade of night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciYx6x3hC-I
Old Sep 3, 2022, 09:56 AM

Just in case anyone missed it, Saitama's recently uploaded a few more videos on his YouTube channel, including a modernisation of Midnight Shooter.

Personally this makes me really happy but according to Twitter the man himself remains down pretty bad mentally. Worth sending some positivity his way if you can - even if it's just a comment on his videos etc.

Quote:
One final thing - the album title. N.A.V.E. comes from nabe (鍋), or "hot pot". Although it is in the midst of summer in Japan, he nevertheless likes his hot pot, adding whatever vegetables and ingredients he likes - "yum yum... but it's hot". If you follow my site, read the S.S.H. biography, or his twitter, you would know that he loves talking about food, and this album is no exception.

Anyway, this album is his "hot pot" of stuff he likes. And that's all that needs to be said really.

"N.A.V.E." can be pronounced "nah-beh" or "En - Ay - Bee - Ee". You can also read it as "Nayve" in a somewhat cool way. Read it however you wish.ead it as "Nayve" in a somewhat cool way. Read it however you wish.
No idea if this has been mentioned anywhere but something mildly interesting I've just noticed based on this recent video: you can see that the male death metal vocals used in No Meaning are from a library called Voices of Rage, where one of the vocalists is called Evan - which is the word Nave reversed. It may be a coincidence but I think it's pretty neat
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:20 AM

Hey, was someone asking for tabs? I used to make S.S.H tabs. I need some money lol