VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:01 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Default O'bits project (#3012)

Can anyone shed more light onto what exactly the O'bits Project is? At the moment, I'm thinking specifically about where the membership roster came on the artist page from and what exactly their role was in the albums. Currently they have arrangement links from four albums, but the scans for three of them credit O'bits only under "Production" (I can't make V'Ball's out). Arrangement and performance credits are given for each, and O'bits appears in none (although Takashi Furukawa and Yoshimitsu Hamano have specific performance and arrangement credits on a few albums).

I'm just not seeing why O'bits needs to have an artist entry and is credited with arrangement.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 01:42 PM

I'm the man responsible for making all those changes, heh. I got some of my info from GMR and other various VGM-related sites. Basically the way I see it, O'bits is like a Kukeiha Club or Sound Team jdk, or even Crush 40. A group of musicians whose members vary depending on what CD you're listening to. I could be wrong on that but that's what I gather from reading all the info on them. I won a sweet copy of V'BALL on YJA recently so when it arrives I'll investigate further.

-Mike
Old Mar 1, 2008, 01:40 PM

Finally got V'BALL in the mail today. The last page of the booklet actually does come right out and say that O'bits are Takashi Furukawa, Yoshimitsu Hamano, and Funky Yasuda. It credits them as a group with a "Sound Produce" credit. The only other music-related credits listed are M&M for "Music" which I'm pretty sure means the original NES music, Mitsuru Kanekuni on sax, and A-mi for the vocal on track 4.

-Mike
Old Aug 6, 2008, 06:23 AM

Well, if the composer field belongs to the original composer, that spot should be given to Kazunaka Yamane for the V'BALL and Double Dragon II The Revenge albums, and to Kazuo Sawa for the Nekketsu High School Dodgeball Club Soccer Edition album (and so on for the other arranged albums) and not M&M.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 08:57 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

After acquiring this CD, it quickly became one of my favorite VGM arranged albums ever. I love this music so much!