VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:11 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

We'r missing some informations about this "CD" release.

Maybe the disc is only available with German versions (this is unconfirmed for the moment)
Tracklist for the CD version is unknown for the moment (it could be the same tracklist as the digital version), so i am not adding it yet.

Edit: seems like there are only 20 tracks on the disc and not 27 like on the digital version.. (needs confirmation too)

Last edited by Myrkul; Apr 1, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 02:32 AM

Edited the entry based on information given by the blogs/websites of the composers.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 04:12 AM
Trusted Editor

I guess the 20 tracks originate from here:
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/...748#1411055748

It was posted by official BlueByte staff yesterday so I guess it's correct.

edit: It also looks like Kariina Gretere composed the main theme as well, and the various composers implemented her theme in the various songs.

The choir heard throughout the soundtrack is definitely Genuin Philharmonic Choir Leipzig which also worked on Anno 1404. Are they related to MDR?

Last edited by Teioh; Apr 2, 2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 04:19 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teioh View Post
I guess the 20 tracks originate from here:
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/...748#1411055748

That's fantastic! I never thought we'd get some useful informations from these guys. I gave up checking out the forum a long time ago.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teioh View Post

edit: It also looks like Kariina Gretere composed the main theme as well, and the various composers implemented her theme in the various songs.

The choir heard throughout the soundtrack is definitely Genuin Philharmonic Choir Leipzig which also worked on Anno 1404. Are they related to MDR?
Well, Tilman Sillescu wrote on his blog: "...the Choir was recorded in Leipzig with members of the MDR Broadcasting Choir", so I guess you're right. (http://www.tilman-sillescu.com/?p=245)

You're also right about the Kariina-main theme, I think.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 04:47 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

re-edited the entry..

I left all the composers added by vgmjunk, but i doubt they all participated on the 20 tracks, it's probably way shorter than all the music than can be heard on the game.

Added again Kariina Gretere as a composer.. she did the composition/lyrics/vocals of the first 2 songs.

Replaced the tracklist, the 27 one by the 20 one posted on ubi forum (see post above by Teioh)

All the informations are still to be confirmed by someone that owns the disc.
I suggest to stop editing the entry for now.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:03 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
All the informations are still to be confirmed by someone that owns the disc.
I'm afraid we've to rely on the information given by the artist's site and ubi's forum since there's not a single piece of information given with the LE.

EDIT: There is this official online magazine for The Settlers 7. On two page it gives information about the music in the game. Page 1 & Page 2
They state that 'Tilman Sillescu' (page 1) did (of course) the composition. Also, 'Kariina Gretere' (page 2) did the composition (and obviously lyrics & vocals) for "Hero Within". Last but not least, 'Staatskapelle Halle', 'Brandenburgisches Staatsorchester Frankfurt (Oder)' and 'Genuin Philharmonic Choir Leipzig' (page 2) are credited as performers. At least, those can be connected to their respective profiles.

Last edited by AcidBeast; Apr 7, 2010 at 12:28 AM.