VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:49 PM

Last edited by Prime Blue; Mar 31, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 01:01 AM

massively disappointed with this release. looks like the same old mario, zelda, halo and civ 4 recycled. id rather have them put on mass effect and bioshock, and maybe some of the odst and reach tracks. even some dante's inferno and dark void. i dont pay good money for low quality lossy tracks via itunes either. if anything, jack wall and tommy should have stood up and put the bonus tracks on cd as an incentive, not the other way round. for 2 guys passionate about video game scores, i expected a much better and fresher selection of tracks for a vol 2. the 50% repeat playlist only devalues vol 1.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 02:55 PM
Trusted Editor

@Nate Rivers: full ack

The constant cheering from the audience finally kills the already weak arrangements. I'm especially disappointed with the Chrono medley, which just sounds so empty and boring. I know that I'm kinda biased by Symphonic Fantasies, but come on! You can't even call this an arrangement at all. Didn't evoke any Chrono emotions in me at all *fail*
And the piano solo tracks are not making it better, I hardly managed to not skip them right away...

Volume 1 was really okay, but this is a catastrophe.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:12 AM
VGMdb Advisor

There's another strange Mystical Stone release which doesn't have "Level 2" on the covers, and "Shout! Factory" is not labeled on them either (which makes me believe the publisher should be set to Mystical Stone, and that Shout! Factory distributed it).

Possibly an early release where they forgot to put "Level 2" in the title? Even the front cover is different. Either way, it looks like a reprint of this album...

Scanned by ScHlAuChi: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvhxidsoax...20979.zip?dl=1

Last edited by Nisto; Mar 6, 2017 at 11:20 AM.