VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 10, 2018, 01:38 PM

Oh baby! This makes me very hype. I can't wait for this!
Old Aug 16, 2018, 05:53 AM

I absolutely loved the early iterations of this series and have really fond memories of the music - but I wish that 1.) some of them were available on ITunes or 2.) some of the early albums were reprinted and sold separately. "Ambiguity" is one of my favorite VG OSTs ever but I don't know if its worth dropping $180 on :\
Old Aug 16, 2018, 09:38 AM

Sadly doesn't seem to be able to be shipped outside of Japan. Tried to order it on Amazon JP and couldn't complete it due to my shipping address. I wonder if that will change. May just have to go with a proxy.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Sadly doesn't seem to be able to be shipped outside of Japan. Tried to order it on Amazon JP and couldn't complete it due to my shipping address. I wonder if that will change. May just have to go with a proxy.
That's exactly what I did. I'm getting this. Amazon Japan be damned this will be mine.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 08:02 PM

Did anyone else order this through a proxy? If so did anybody get their copy yet? The proxy I choose hasn't shipped mine yet and I'm a little paranoid.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 09:05 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistorteDContacT View Post
Did anyone else order this through a proxy? If so did anybody get their copy yet? The proxy I choose hasn't shipped mine yet and I'm a little paranoid.
I ordered this through a proxy and they received it.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
I ordered this through a proxy and they received it.
The proxy I used asked for international shipping money a day or two after I emailed them asking if they got it in stock. I hope that was a coincidence. I paid it but they haven't shipped it yet, so I shot them an email. Hoping they get back to me soon.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 10:43 PM

How is this 0.5 star material exactly?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 06:05 AM
Trusted Editor

Why do ratings need justifications? I bought this and it's terrible music and I 100% regret it. If I could rate it a 0, I would. There's not a single enjoyable track on here.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:16 AM

Although I'm not a huge Armored Core fan, I own a couple of the OSTs and think they have some really interesting and cool music. It's fine if you don't enjoy it, but I gotta ask.... You bought this giant, expensive 18 CD box set without having heard and liked a single track from a single game represented within it first...?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:27 AM
Trusted Editor

Expensive? I beg to differ. This here is expensive! The AC box has 20 discs, that's just 1000 JPY for each disc.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:42 AM
Trusted Editor

Regarding box sets, I like to buy them because they are a (mostly) complete representation of some series or work and it's a good way to introduce ones self to said series, including the music. Regarding the price, like LiquidAcid said, box set price points usually come out to much cheaper per disc or per minute than buying individual soundtracks, so in the grand scheme of things, it's cheaper. Regarding buying without listening, I do that with almost everything I buy and realistically I'm not going to listen to the entire box before I buy it, assuming I can even find everything (though this series wouldn't have been difficult to find). Statistically speaking, out of 18 CDs worth of music I would normally be able to find something redeeming. Not this time, so this is a first.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:55 AM

I'm just talking about absolute cost, regardless of cost per disc. This AC set is more expensive than the SST set you're pointing out, Liquid. You're only saving money if you were otherwise going to buy enough of the individual OSTs to exceed the cost of the box set.

Anyway, you do whatever works for you man. It just struck me as odd. Most of the AC OSTs can be found on youtube, so it'd have been easy enough to sample a few tracks just to see if anything was to your liking.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:07 PM
Trusted Editor

I disagree in this context. If your 1kg bag of fruit gums is 2 USD, and the 2kg one is 3 USD, then the 1kg bag is the expensive one, regardless if you end up not liking the green gums.
We don't have the "James Bond movie box" situation here, where you know exactly that you love the Sean Connery movies, but you hate Pierce Brosnan, and you're now debating if you can still justify the purchase.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 06:30 PM

Ok, this is a pretty silly conversation to be having on this page, but you’re mixing up relative cost with absolute cost, which are 2 different concepts. A $2 bag is cheaper than a $3 bag in absolute cost. Yes, the cost per ounce is higher, so it’s not as generous a deal, but that’s only *if* you want more of whatever is in the bag than the cheaper option gives you. If I only need 1kg, there’s no value to me in buying 2. If I only wanted, say, 2 or 3 CDs in a 20 CD box set, there would be no value to me in buying all 20 just because the price per disc was lower. I’d still be spending more money than I would have otherwise to get what I wanted. My point was that, regardless of how good a bulk discount you’re getting per unit, $200 is a lot of money in absolute terms, especially if you don’t know what it is you’re buying.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:36 PM

Woah. Didn't expect this to blow up. I hope you preordered this and didn't spend like $400 on it just to hate it because you didn't know what AC music was like beforehand. If you hate it that much I'll buy it from you Dancey. A friend of mine would love to have a copy.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 08:46 AM

I find it hard to believe someone could listen to every single armored core song and not find a single song enjoyable. I find it somewhat believable that someone could listen to the first few CD's when Armored Core music was mostly grindy acid techno without much melody. But Armored Core music spans quite a few genres, so the former seems weird.

I was going to just go through and cherry pick the best songs from all the games, but this review does a pretty good job of singling out some of the best songs in the series. Some songs which are missing include: At That Time, In My Heart, Autobahn, etc... Some of the songs listed in the reviews are from remixes which are some of the best I've ever heard from any game period, but aren't featured in this album. But they should just be another bridge to cross upon discovering AC. Also, dunno if linking youtube videos is against the rules but the review links to youtube videos of some of the songs.

At any rate, if you don't like any of the music listed above then idk ./shrug.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 05:39 AM

Exclamation IMPORTANT!!

Just to inform you guys (you should put that in the page too):

DISC 11 > TRACK 17 - INSIDE, OUTSIDE

This track was mistankenly put in the release as a REMIXED version, not ORIGINAL source version. From Software is offering (for now still available) a .wav file to change it back to what it was supposed to be on CD. You can go fetch it here:
https://www.armoredcore.net/soundtrack/

Grab it while it's hot~
Old Jun 17, 2019, 05:16 AM
Trusted Editor

For historical:

Quote:
収録曲のバージョン取り違えによるお知らせ

この度「ARMORED CORE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 20th ANNIVERSARY BOX」の収録楽曲にて、音源に一部誤りがございましたのでここにお詫び訂正いたします。

対象曲: Disc 11 「ARMORED CORE LAST RAVEN」 #17 Inside, Outside

製造工程での音源データの取り違いによって、ゲーム中の音源ではなく、誤ってサウンドトラック版のアレンジ された音源が収録されていたことが判明しました。

これは弊社としては意図しないもので、ゲーム内音源が収録できなかったことは非常に残念でなりません。

細心の注意を払い製造から発送までしておりますが、このような事態となり、ご購入いただいた皆様にはご迷惑 をおかけいたしました。心よりお詫びいたします。また今後同様の事態が発生しないよう再発防止に努めてまい ります。何卒ご容赦のほど、お願い申し上げます。

なお、「Inside, Outside」のインゲーム版楽曲は、以下に音源データを提供させていただきますので、ダウンロードして いただきますよう重ねてお願い申し上げます。

ダウンロード:

Inside, Outside インゲームバージョン

mp3 (4.87MB)
wav (26.8MB)
Chrome/Firefox: 上記リンクを右クリックし、『名前を付けてリンク先を保存』を選択することで保存ができます。

Microsoft Edge / Interenet Explorer: 上記リンクを右クリックし、『対象をファイルに保存』を選択することで保存ができます。

Safari: 上記リンクをControl キーを押しながらクリックし、『リンク先のファイルをダウンロード』を選択することで保存ができます。
Old Dec 12, 2022, 03:11 PM

The page is down, but Archive.org has it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20191212...%20Outside.wav