VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 24, 2013, 01:48 PM

Default Volunteering to help update Product info

I've perused the various pages (such as Zelda, Mario, Ys, Yoshi, and Sonic) and I have some expertise in researching release information.

I have connections to multiple fan communities (such as the highly reliable Sonic Retro, of which one community member was HIRED BY SEGA and is now behind the iPhone remasters of Sonic 1, 2 and Sonic CD), and I do freelance staffing for LUNAR-Net. I believe I can bring my 28 years of video game knowledge to the forefront to help this site evolve.

What do the esteemed staff members think? I know I don't always seem to site sources right, but I can learn, and I do have some pretty good connections.

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Old Dec 24, 2013, 08:15 PM
Trusted Editor

don't see why anybody would reject new and accurate information, but what exactly are you trying to do?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 08:44 PM

Basically fill in the holes for games that have some albums that have music from them (i.e. doujins from Oracle of Seasons), and add new games.

I am extremely knowledgable on ALL THINGS Ys and LUNAR. If you have a question about either series, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:29 PM
Trusted Editor

ah, well I don't see why anybody would object, as I said previously. :P
Old Dec 30, 2013, 02:14 PM

Only problem is I see no way to add the info manually

Old Dec 31, 2013, 01:15 AM

because only trusted and above can
Old Dec 31, 2013, 02:59 PM
Trusted Editor

yep.

Zhane Masaki, if you provide the info, one of us will gladly add/edit the info in.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:15 PM

So how does one become "Trusted"?

Old Jan 5, 2014, 12:47 PM
VGMdb Administrator

A member becomes trusted when we reach a point where we think they are ready.
  1. User has been active for a while, demonstrating a commitment to editing here.
  2. Submissions are complete and accurate, and don't require any fixing up by staff.
  3. User communicates well, in terms of being able to actively explain their edits and resolve disagreements with other editors.

For #3, you don't have to be fluent in English. There is one user who's submissions are always correct, but he doesn't reply to any PMs from staff, nor does he post, so we aren't going to promote him to trusted.

There are some users who should probably be trusted, but who aren't simply because they aren't frequent submitters, or more likely haven't been noticed. In your case, the main problem is the lack of track credits, and the fact that your account is restricted from new album submissions. I'd be willing to try removing your restrictions to see how you do, but trusted is going to take some patience.