VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:35 AM

Default SQEX-10173: Hikari no 4 Senshi -Final Fantasy Gaiden- Original Soundtrack

Last edited by Prime Blue; Mar 31, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 03:59 PM
VGMdb Advisor

huh. Superbia eh.

スペルビア -- is apparently an international artist named "Supervia." And I thought maybe that was it.

And my eyes were playing tricks on me there, I thought the "pe" may have been a "be," which made me think "maybe this is Suburbia?" ...

thanks for finding those romanizations.
Old May 14, 2010, 11:55 AM

Does anyone have scans for this album? I'm considering requesting a liner notes translation and don't own the album myself. Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:18 PM

I changed "Battle with Demons" to "Battle with Monsters". I'm pretty sure that "魔物" is the same as "monster" in that it's the catch-all term for RPG enemies, but I'm not 100% sure. Revert me in you feel I'm in error.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 03:27 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by urutapu View Post
I changed "Battle with Demons" to "Battle with Monsters". I'm pretty sure that "魔物" is the same as "monster" in that it's the catch-all term for RPG enemies, but I'm not 100% sure. Revert me in you feel I'm in error.
As far as I know, 魔物 (mamono) is one of the many names for the infamous yôkai so I wouldn't rule out "demons".
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:43 PM

Invidia and Superbia are latin names for mortal sins (if you know 11eyes, they used all latin names in it)
I guess people can google it (wikipedia has info about it)
Old Nov 22, 2010, 06:04 PM

first example of "Mamono" coming in mind is Mamono Hunter Yohko aka Devil Hunter Yohko
but for a final fantasy-related game, demon or devil is maybe too much (maybe, Monsters is better after all)
Old Apr 12, 2012, 04:09 PM

Okay, I got my copy of this soundtrack in the mail today and WOW, I have to say this music sounds A LOT different when it's not coming out of the DS speakers. I'm not sure if the speakers make that much of a difference, if the tracks were remastered or if the soundtrack contains the tracks as they were before they were programmed for play in the game. Very good question. They have a lot more "depth" and bass to them. I'm really use to the way these tracks sound in the game however... not all the changes are for the better...

Does anyone have the scoop? Is this the norm for DS based soundtracks?

I'll have to try playing the game with some headphones and see if these extra details are in the game and blocked by the speakers.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:29 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans View Post
the soundtrack contains the tracks as they were before they were programmed for play in the game.
With Square Enix's DS soundtracks, it's usually that.
Old May 5, 2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
first example of "Mamono" coming in mind is Mamono Hunter Yohko aka Devil Hunter Yohko
but for a final fantasy-related game, demon or devil is maybe too much (maybe, Monsters is better after all)
I wanted to throw my two cents into this debate because after playing through the game a few times I think I can shed a little light on this.

I'll agree that "monsters" is probably the better choice but despite the overall tone the game being more light-hearted there are some darker themes at play in some of the naming schemes. For example, some of Chaos' henchmen go by names such as Beelzebub, Satan and Lucifer. I have to admit I was a little taken back by how dark those names are in contrast to the rest of the game but in no way did it dampen my enjoyment of it.

However, as you may expect from the tracklisting "Battle With Monsters" doesn't play during these battles (it plays in random encounters with normal enemies or run-of-the-mill "monsters"; "The Dark Lord's Servants" plays during the battles with Satan, Lucifer, etc.) but if it was the other way around I'd say Demon would be the more appropriate choice.