VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old Jun 4, 2013, 09:14 AM
Matron Matron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 68

I've found two interviews on Falcom's website with a member of their Sound Team from 2006. While the interview doesn't mention which his/her name is, it keeps referring to that person as "S", which is the first letter of Sonoda's name (duh). The members of Sound Team jdk around that year were Hayato Sonoda, Takahiro Unisuga and Ryo Takeshita, so that's why I think this is an interview with Sonoda (which also makes sense, since he's the current leader of Falcom Sound Team jdk since 2002/2003).

The interviews in question:

http://www.falcom.co.jp/info/staff/2...ew.html#060324

http://www.falcom.co.jp/info/staff/2...ff.html#061005

It's a shame there's practically no info about ANY Falcom internal composers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:37 PM
Matron Matron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 68
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJsRxjfJRw






Last edited by Matron; Jun 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:29 AM
jdkluv jdkluv is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 186
Default



Excellent find! I'm pretty certain it's this guy's music that made me fall in love with Nihon Farukomu... (probably even moreso than Koshiro/Ishikawa) ...despite his ponytail....

You're probably correct to assume it's Sonoda too, for the reason you mentioned (and we already have a picture of Takeshita).

Quote:
It's a shame there's practically no info about ANY Falcom internal composers
Always frustrated me too. All I know for sure though is what Wataru Ishibashi told me about his contributions a while ago (and one can make reasonable deductions based on them to draw other conclusions). Of course, I'm talking about the "new" Falcom, old school jdk is a completely different story!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:17 AM
Matron Matron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 68
Default

LMAO @dat picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
You're probably correct to assume it's Sonoda too, for the reason you mentioned (and we already have a picture of Takeshita).
Even if we didn't have a picture of Takeshita, it can't be him since he left Falcom around 2007. Current members of Falcom Sound Team jdk are Hayato Sonoda, Takahiro Unisuga, Saki Momiyama and Tomokatsu Hagiuda, and we already have pictures of the last two thanks to interviews on Falcom's website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
All I know for sure though is what Wataru Ishibashi told me about his contributions a while ago (and one can make reasonable deductions based on them to draw other conclusions).
Tell me EVERYTHING he said to you!! I want to make deductions and take conclusions. Did he said stuff like "I didn't composed the best three songs of the Ys VI OST"?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:50 AM
jdkluv jdkluv is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron View Post
Current members of Falcom Sound Team jdk are Hayato Sonoda, Takahiro Unisuga, Saki Momiyama and Tomokatsu Hagiuda, and we already have pictures of the last two thanks to interviews on Falcom's website.
So presumably Unisuga is the guy to the left of Sonoda? After having nothing but the names for so long, it's so cool to have some of the shroud of mystery slowly fade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron View Post
Tell me EVERYTHING he said to you!! I want to make deductions and take conclusions. Did he said stuff like "I didn't composed the best three songs of the Ys VI OST"?
With pleasure, my friend. He was a bit vague though, like you thought, lol. Not to mention his English was understandably not perfect, so who knows what he really meant.

He said he made the music of "ZWEI, YS6, gurumin, Sora no kiseki FC." so I asked him about the other games like VM Japan and Xanadu Next etc. To which he replied:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirawi at sideprotea dot net
JAPAN VM was responsible for only two bgm
風の砂子路(A Sandy Road Blown by the Wind)&乱世の覇者(Master of Chaos)

Dinosaur: Resurrection was that did not.

XANADU NEXT was little^^;

YS6 & Zwei1 is about 70% of my songs.

Thank You.


That's all he brokedown, but it's still helpful though. For example, because we can rule out Ishibashi for some tracks, it's likely that Warriors from VMJ (one of my favourite VGM tracks ever) and Windslash Steps from Ys VI are both by Sonoda because of a shared bit of melody (thisthat (albeit at a different tempo)). But I dunno, is that too loose a connection to you? Of course, many assumptions are being made, like one composer per track, and that by "responsible" he means composing AND arranging.

Also when I told him where I was from, he said:

Spoiler:
ohhh,UK! I love London music.
Prodigy,808state,underground resistance

This sounds like the inspiration of an Ys VI track in particular...

Naturally I sent him another email wanting him to confirm some of my predictions, but he was probably too busy to reply.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Jul 5, 2013, 02:16 PM
Matron Matron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
He said he made the music of "ZWEI, YS6, gurumin, Sora no kiseki FC." so I asked him about the other games like VM Japan and Xanadu Next etc.
Yes. I remember reading that from you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirawi at sideprotea dot net
JAPAN VM was responsible for only two bgm
風の砂子路(A Sandy Road Blown by the Wind)&乱世の覇者(Master of Chaos)

Dinosaur: Resurrection was that did not.

XANADU NEXT was little^^;

YS6 & Zwei1 is about 70% of my songs.

Thank You.
The VM Japan info is indeed REALLY interesting!

According to VGMdb, he composed for those games. I bolded the word "composed" because he also worked on Ys I & II Eternal soundtracks and Dinosaur Resurrection, and yet he says that regards DR. Maybe he said that because he/they (Sound Team jdk from 2002) didn't composed the soundtrack (the original Dinosaur was composed by Mieko Ishikawa and Masaaki Kawai), but rather arranged?

Surprised to hear that he made the 70% (or so) of Zwei!! and Ys VI OSTs. I though Shikarawa was the leader composer of Zwei!!, and so that he composed the majority of that game's OST. Ys VI doesn't suprise me that much because almost the whole soundtrack sounds really close to Zwei!!, so that 70% he's talking about makes sense. 70% or so would be like 22 of the 32 tracks of the Ys VI soundtrack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
That's all he brokedown, but it's still helpful though. For example, because we can rule out Ishibashi for some tracks, it's likely that Warriors from VMJ (one of my favourite VGM tracks ever) and Windslash Steps from Ys VI are both by Sonoda because of a shared bit of melody (thisthat (albeit at a different tempo)). But I dunno, is that too loose a connection to you?
How can you confirm that both 'Warriors' and 'Windslash Steps' were composed by Sonoda? 'Windslash Steps' maybe since it sounds a lot like some recent stuff from current Sound Team, but 'Warriors'? And also speaking of that stuff, I'm really not sure if we can use that to confirm composers because... well, just listen this:

- Mysterious Story (unused track from Ys I, composed by Yuzo Koshiro)
- Wind Emblem (credits track from Dinosaur. This is the Resurrection version, and I have no idea if this was originally composed by Ishikawa or Kawai instead)

Another one even more obvious:

- Crossroad of Sadness (another unused Ys I track by Yuzo Koshiro)
- Trap (The Legend of Xanadu. Guess who uploaded that track )

And here's another one more recent and popular: Masquerade of Lies and 'The Foot of a Mountain of the Lightning' (Falcom Engrish at it's finest.)

But the real problem is I'm not really sure on how's Sonoda's style of music, so I can't assume to much. However, I think both this track and the trailer track from Nayuta were composed by him. Both tracks sound very Falcom-ish, especially the trailer song, which reminds me a lot to Ys VI's intro song. The same goes for this kickass song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Of course, many assumptions are being made, like one composer per track, and that by "responsible" he means composing AND arranging.
I just think the composers both compose AND arrange they own tracks. But really, his declarations about Zwei!!, Ys VI, SnK FC are pretty revealing. If he composed the 70% of Ys VI, then what percent did he composed from future games like SnK FC and Gurumin? If he compsed the 70% of Ys VI, what was Sonoda doing meanwhile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Also when I told him where I was from, he said:

Spoiler:
ohhh,UK! I love London music.
Prodigy,808state,underground resistance

This sounds like the inspiration of an Ys VI track in particular...
He confirmed he's the composer of Ys VI final dungeon theme? Holy cow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Naturally I sent him another email wanting him to confirm some of my predictions, but he was probably too busy to reply.
Aww, too bad! You should try to e-mail him again. Could you post here his e-mail address? I also want to ask him stuff and see if he can confirm some of my predictions too

Thanks a lot for posting that info. Much appreciate!

BTW, I found some weeks ago a YouTube channel that uploaded some Falcom songs. That wouldn't be so strange, if not by the fact that he also puts in some of the video's description the composer and/or arranger! Maybe those are guesses?

Last edited by Matron; Jul 7, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Jul 11, 2013, 04:35 PM
jdkluv jdkluv is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
According to VGMdb, he composed for those games. I bolded the word "composed" because he also worked on Ys I & II Eternal soundtracks and Dinosaur Resurrection, and yet he says that regards DR. Maybe he said that because he/they (Sound Team jdk from 2002) didn't composed the soundtrack (the original Dinosaur was composed by Mieko Ishikawa and Masaaki Kawai), but rather arranged?
That's the issue with Falcom. The artists listed as part of Sound Team jdk in the game credits are just that - part of Sound Team jdk. Whether they composed, arranged, or just did some sound manipulation is not indicated. Not to mention Falcom tends to credit the current members of the sound team of a given release, leading to anomalies like Dinosaur:Resurrection which Ishibashi did not work on, but was credited because he was a member at the time. Zwei!! 2008 is another example. I'm not 100% this is the case, but that's what the evidence points to.

Quote:
How can you confirm that both 'Warriors' and 'Windslash Steps' were composed by Sonoda? 'Windslash Steps' maybe since it sounds a lot like some recent stuff from current Sound Team, but 'Warriors'? And also speaking of that stuff, I'm really not sure if we can use that to confirm composers because...
Yeah, you're totally right about Falcom's occasional internal similarities. New Falcom has also referenced old Falcom occasionally, but that's almost certainly to pay intentional homage. But anyway like you say, we can't confirm - rather express the likelihood of a particular track being by a particular composer. Having said that, I still think my above prediction is somewhat likely.

Quote:
But the real problem is I'm not really sure on how's Sonoda's style of music, so I can't assume to much.
I think I'm fairly confident of certain facets of his style. After all, he's worked on pretty much every game since Vantage Master, so there are inevitably going to be tracks of a certain style spanning multiple games which are *probably* by him. For example, the more militaristic type stuff like Egret Mountains or I Guess I'll Have To! In general though, I think he's clearly too diverse a composer to guess on style alone.

Quote:
BTW, I found some weeks ago a YouTube channel that uploaded some Falcom songs. That wouldn't be so strange, if not by the fact that he also puts in some of the video's description the composer and/or arranger! Maybe those are guesses?
Have you struck gold again, Matron?! This is most intriguing indeed! Some guesses have question marks, others don't. For example, his/her two VM Japan guesses. Could be a Falcom employee, but he/she has uploaded some non Falcom VGM so it's probably a fanboy/girl like us! Maybe he/she got them confirmed somehow? Or just forgot to place the question marks? Either way, his/her guess for Sonoda having composed The Eastern Cherries fits in nicely with my prediction about Sonoda's march-ey style.

Another thing that's really interesting is what he/she has to say about Takeshita here. I can just about make it out in Google Translate, and he seems to be under the impression that a track from Nayuta no Kiseki was composed by Takeshita before he left Falcom. It's odd because that's pretty much how I felt when I heard Mother Earth Altago from Ys Seven. I was familiar with Takeshita's hard rock style from his Deadball P material and immediately thought either A) Takeshita composed this before he left Falcom or B) either Sonoda or Unisuga has a really similar style to Takeshita. I'm leaning more towards Unisuga. Anyway, here's a Deadball P track you'll partly recognise the tune of.

Your channel is also pretty awesome, it has to be said! It may be a long shot, but maybe you could message tyu3900 through YT somehow? Anyway, I originally contacted mirawi through his contact form IIRC, but if you want his email, it's mirawi at sideprotea dot net. Alternatively, this is his YT.

Quote:
Thanks a lot for posting that info. Much appreciate!
My pleasure. It's good to know others share such enthusiasm!

P.S. Sorry for the late reply.

Last edited by jdkluv; Jul 11, 2013 at 04:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:55 PM
Matron Matron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
That's the issue with Falcom. The artists listed as part of Sound Team jdk in the game credits are just that - part of Sound Team jdk. Whether they composed, arranged, or just did some sound manipulation is not indicated. Not to mention Falcom tends to credit the current members of the sound team of a given release, leading to anomalies like Dinosaur:Resurrection which Ishibashi did not work on, but was credited because he was a member at the time. Zwei!! 2008 is another example. I'm not 100% this is the case, but that's what the evidence points to.
Ugh, don't remind me.



I STILL WANT A F#CKING EXPLANATION FOR THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Yeah, you're totally right about Falcom's occasional internal similarities. New Falcom has also referenced old Falcom occasionally, but that's almost certainly to pay intentional homage. But anyway like you say, we can't confirm - rather express the likelihood of a particular track being by a particular composer. Having said that, I still think my above prediction is somewhat likely.
Yeah. For example: when I listen Ys III's soundtrack and I go for Masaaki Kawai tracks; if you didn't tell me he composed the extra tracks of the Sharp X68000 version, I wouldn't believe you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
I think I'm fairly confident of certain facets of his style. After all, he's worked on pretty much every game since Vantage Master, so there are inevitably going to be tracks of a certain style spanning multiple games which are *probably* by him. For example, the more militaristic type stuff like Egret Mountains or I Guess I'll Have To! In general though, I think he's clearly too diverse a composer to guess on style alone.




'I Guess I'll Have To!' sounds very Kiseki-esque, and whoever composed Vantage Master's main theme is a GENIUS. Those synth guitars are pure sex for my ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Have you struck gold again, Matron?! This is most intriguing indeed! Some guesses have question marks, others don't. For example, his/her two VM Japan guesses. Could be a Falcom employee, but he/she has uploaded some non Falcom VGM so it's probably a fanboy/girl like us! Maybe he/she got them confirmed somehow? Or just forgot to place the question marks? Either way, his/her guess for Sonoda having composed The Eastern Cherries fits in nicely with my prediction about Sonoda's march-ey style.
I'll say he/she's just speculating, but then again, it's so strange that some guesses have question marks while others don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Another thing that's really interesting is what he/she has to say about Takeshita here. I can just about make it out in Google Translate, and he seems to be under the impression that a track from Nayuta no Kiseki was composed by Takeshita before he left Falcom. It's odd because that's pretty much how I felt when I heard Mother Earth Altago from Ys Seven. I was familiar with Takeshita's hard rock style from his Deadball P material and immediately thought either A) Takeshita composed this before he left Falcom or B) either Sonoda or Unisuga has a really similar style to Takeshita. I'm leaning more towards Unisuga.
He also says that Takeshita composed this too. Judging from what I've listened from Takeshita, I'm pretty sure that he composed Zwei II's 'Dog Fight!!', (AKA BEST ZWEI 2 TRACK HANDS DOWN) although his name doesn't appear on the credits.

Speaking about Unisuga, our friend says this was composed by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Anyway, here's a Deadball P track you'll partly recognise the tune of.
Overdosing Heavenly Hatsune Miku

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Your channel is also pretty awesome, it has to be said!
Thank you! As you can see, I really like Nihon Farukomu's stuff (it's actually spelled as 'nihon farukom' in Japan). Hell, I even uploaded both Legend of Xanadu soundtracks; Legend of Xanadu is my second favorite Falcom series after Ys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
It may be a long shot, but maybe you could message tyu3900 through YT somehow?
I can try it, but I don't know if he can understand my words in simple English. Too bad none of use know Japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Anyway, I originally contacted mirawi through his contact form IIRC, but if you want his email, it's mirawi at sideprotea dot net. Alternatively, this is his YT.
Thanks for his contact link. I was already aware of his YouTube channel thanks to an old reply by you.

I'll e-mail him. If he response me with some interesting info, I'll post it here or on his profile's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
My pleasure. It's good to know others share such enthusiasm!

P.S. Sorry for the late reply.
Thanks again nonetheless. I hope Falcom reveals something else, or that if Sonoda ever abandons Falcom (I hope he doesn't!), he becomes a famous a̶n̶i̶m̶e̶ composer like his old buddy Shikarawa, so we can know more about him

P.S. I apologize if you/someone can't understand me at times. English being second language and all.

Last edited by Matron; Oct 15, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:21 AM
Matron Matron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 68
Default



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhF_56SxrGk

EDIT EDIT EDIT



I'm starting to think Sonoda-san is a ponytail haircut . None of this "photos" are valid for a profile picture, aren't they?

Last edited by Matron; Jul 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Aug 1, 2013, 07:24 AM
jdkluv jdkluv is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 186
Default

Just if anyone's interested, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Sonoda's using the Sony MDR CD900STs. I already have the IEM version of those but I'm adding that to my wishlist!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Aug 1, 2013, 08:28 AM
Cedille Cedille is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 2,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkluv View Post
Just if anyone's interested, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems Sonoda's using the Sony MDR CD900STs. I already have the IEM version of those but I'm adding that to my wishlist!
Yeah, and it's actually regarded as a standard headphone for professionals, and since it's not so expensive, many music snobs or wannabe musicians seem to get on the bandwagon. It sounds a bit too flat to me and unless you're writing music yourself, it's not even worth this price (imo!) though.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:28 PM
Matron Matron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 68
Default

...Just uploaded a profile portrait. The VGMdb Staff is going to hate me for this (?)

Someone please delete that other portrait in JPG format.

Now speaking seriously: do those interviews that I posted on Reply #1 say something interesting?

Last edited by Matron; Sep 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Oct 1, 2013, 01:03 PM
Matron Matron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spain
Posts: 68
Default

Good news, everyone! I showed the first interview to omgfloofy and she made a summary of the most important things in English! Kudos to her!
Quote:
- The first question is for a self-introduction. He says that he's in charge of the BGM music and the generation of sound effects for event scenes...
- If he pulled any inspiration or ideas from other EiDen or Ys titles, and he says that he wanted Sora no Kiseki's music to be something completely new- to have a fresh start. Sora has a stylish and somewhat urban worldview behind it, and thus the jazzy style of music seemed to fit it better.
- He commented that, to him, the rural areas like Rolent and such felt like the urban areas found in Gagharv- so he had to write accordingly.
- This is all paraphrased, also, as a note.
- He talks about using a lot of "theme phrasing" in the soundtrack (yay! something I've said stands on this. ). As a result, the music is just as capable of providing foreshadowing and emphasis to the story as other traditional aspects are.
- He uses the the Coliseum pulling melodies from the Grand Arena theme, as an example, or the Liberl theme from Royal Castle being showing itself in Border Patrol isn't Easy and Pride of Liberl as well.
- 'Release from the Spell, and Then..." is Weismann's theme, and it's completely intentional that its heavily influenced by "Sora no Kiseki," melody-wise, since his driving nature is tied back to the meanings behind the latter song.
- He doesn't give details, because "that's to be learned about in SC".
- Sounds like they had a lot of trouble perfecting Hoshi no Arika.
- He would do something with it, then go through peers to check wtih it and so forth, but couldn't figure out why he wasn't happy with it.
- Hoshi no Arika had to convey the right feeling, while maintaining the player's stunned emotions after that shocking end scene. As such, it became a very challenge theme song to write.


I think I love this man even more now . I'll post more/edit this post if I get more info.

(BTW, people are already making music rips of Sen's OST. Spoiler: It's awesome.)

Last edited by Matron; Feb 2, 2015 at 09:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 11, 2018, 04:01 PM
Jormungand's Avatar
Jormungand Jormungand is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matron View Post
Good news, everyone! I showed the first interview to omgfloofy and she made a summary of the most important things in English! Kudos to her!
So if Sonoda is "S" in the interview, this is a confirmation that he composed "Provincial City of Rolent" from SNK FC right?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old May 12, 2018, 08:09 AM
《J》 《J》 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Spain
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
So if Sonoda is "S" in the interview, this is a confirmation that he composed "Provincial City of Rolent" from SNK FC right?
I wouldn't say it serves as confirmation -- after all, he also mentions Silver Will and Ishibashi confirmed it as his. Sonoda mostly means that even backwater areas like Rolent in Sora look more stylish and urban than Gagharv's towns, and that they wanted Sora to have new elements that are fitting within The Legend of Heroes franchise but musically different from Gagharv.

That being said, Sonoda kinda made it sound like he contributed some to Hoshi no Arika's (The Whereabouts of Light in XSEED's localisation) arrangement for FC. He said that it came from Confession, and that Hoshi no Arika ended up being adapted for an ending theme when they realized they'd have to split FC and SC, to soften FC's ending and make players more excited for SC. From the tracks he mentioned, pretty sure he did Coliseum, Border Patrol isn't Easy, Pride of Liberl, Royal Castle (shows up in Border Patrol isn't Easy and Pride of Liberl too), Grand Arena (uses the Coliseum theme), Release from the Spell, and... and A Cat Relaxing in the Sun. Provincial City of Rolent though... I have no idea who could it be. The acoustic guitar seems rather "sub-par" for Murayama and his sounds were more advanced in terms of timbre and dynamics than Sonoda/Ishibashi's, on top of better at sequencing guitar lines, since he's a bass player. The simplicity would fit the Sonoda from that era, but the flute seems like an outlier for him and the looping in the guitar part reminds me of Ishibashi. A lot of Sonoda's synth in VM Japan (the other Falcom soundtrack from that period with confirmed credits) was more clean in general than what he uses in FC, I don't think his work in FC is representative of everything he was capable of.

Also, the two interviews in the OP have been translated into English.
https://www.esterior.net/2016/08/tra...ton-issue-8-s/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comm...lopment_staff/

Last edited by 《J》; May 12, 2018 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old May 12, 2018, 11:56 AM
Jormungand's Avatar
Jormungand Jormungand is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 《J》 View Post
From the tracks he mentioned, pretty sure he did Coliseum, Border Patrol isn't Easy, Pride of Liberl, Royal Castle (shows up in Border Patrol isn't Easy and Pride of Liberl too), Grand Arena (uses the Coliseum theme) and Release from the Spell, and.... Provincial City of Rolent though... I have no idea who could it be. The acoustic guitar seems rather "sub-par" for Murayama and his sounds were more advanced in terms of timbre and dynamics than Sonoda/Ishibashi's, on top of better at sequencing guitar lines, since he's a bass player. The simplicity would fit the Sonoda from that era, but the flute seems like an outlier for him and the looping in the guitar part reminds me of Ishibashi.
Thanks, I kind of felt the same way. Sonoda doesn't use the kind of chords heard in Rolent often. His style is very obvious in general, based on what I've heard within and beyond SnK. Rolent just... isn't that style.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hayato Asano (#15442) 《J》 Artist Discussions 3 Jan 6, 2019 07:52 AM
RARE HAYATO MATSUO OST CD´s - LOW PRICE & FREE SHIPPING! Porter Miscellaneous Discussion 0 Mar 23, 2018 02:34 AM
MHCL-2151~2: Teenage Nekura Pop / Ishifuro nextday Album Discussions 0 Apr 12, 2014 08:59 AM