VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:41 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Hmm, I'm debating whether to take a gamble on this or not....

Pros: It's got Kouichi Namiki and Hiro, so it's gotta be awesome, right!?!
Cons: It's about mine cart racing, so it could just be wacky/crazy nonsense and not their typical composing style...
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:54 AM

I went on and ordered it along with Rad Mobile from Amazon JP. It's Wave Master and they always do a good job remastering (in my opinion anyway).
Old Jul 27, 2011, 01:33 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Pros: It's got Kouichi Namiki and Hiro, so it's gotta be awesome, right!?!
Cons: It's about mine cart racing, so it could just be wacky/crazy nonsense and not their typical composing style...
I'm only familiar with the soundtrack to the original Rail Chase, by Namiki. It's not his usual composition style at all: it's all orchestral, sounding straight out of an action/adventure movie. I seem to recall enjoying it a bit, but it's been ages since I heard it last, so I may be misremembering.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 05:55 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks for the information that it's more movie-score oriented.
Perhaps along the lines of Indiana Jones or similar influence...
Old May 18, 2017, 07:21 PM

Another screw up by Wavemaster here... Songs 07 and 09 were swapped with 08 and 10 respectively in the (published) track list. What's listed as track 07 in the tracklist is actually 08 on the CD and so on. This is quite obvious when you watch a video playthrough of the game.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 01:00 AM
VGMdb Staff

Does the album say that Namiki composed for RAIL CHASE? I see there's a lot of sites that say he composed for it, but nothing that I would consider source-worthy. I bring this up because I found some random Japanese site that says, 3 times no less, that Keisuke Tsukahara composed for it. Also, Kazuhiko Nagai's page on SEGA RETRO has the game listed in his production credits, though I'm guessing that was added purely because his photo is from the announcement page for both Rad Mobile ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK and RAIL CHASE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK, which isn't really evidence for it. Even so, I don't know any sources that back up any of these 3 claims.

EDIT: So it seems Rail Chase is listed in Tsukahara's works in the booklet to GALAXY FORCE II & THUNDER BLADE ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK, so at least his involvement is confirmed. Still don't know about Namiki.

EDIT 2: Now I know the source. Of course, this doesn't confirm his as composer, it could be for some other element of sound.

Last edited by Nicolaas Hamman; Dec 7, 2020 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Thanks, CHz!