VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:04 AM

Is someone can link artists with this page ?
Don"t be scared by the ton of artists here, there's like 5 different pseudos for only 1 same artist and based on this source, I added some new pseudos about concerned artists, hope this help.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 06:53 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav56 View Post
Is someone can link artists with this page ?
Don"t be scared by the ton of artists here, there's like 5 different pseudos for only 1 same artist and based on this source, I added some new pseudos about concerned artists, hope this help.
I never link something like this unless there are track credits in the notes. If you (or someone) can get those added, then I'll work on linking them up.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I never link something like this unless there are track credits in the notes. If you (or someone) can get those added, then I'll work on linking them up.
Sometimes aliases aren't mentionned on track credit, then the only proof we have is just "it sounds similar to x. But I don't know if on beamani CDs they mention who is under a pseudonyme or not. This page has been created by fans, they're passionated, like the Touhou wiki, I don't think they're wrong but it would be better if they justify where they've found that, yeah.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 05:52 AM

Added ARM as composer, due to that
I added RIZNA as singer because she sings for beamani series under the nanacchi, just check is Twitter, her full pseudonyme is riznanacchi, here
About the others one, still not get any informations, anyways, they will never reveal their new pseudos, I still trust my source btw, if they have lauched a Bemani wiki, they know what are they talking about.
Proof, they know that Swan K is Keiichi Ueno because he's a member of the unit (with Toshiaki Komiya) DJ Swan, his name starts with a K, then, and because he composed this song without Toshiaki, he invented a new pseudo called Swan K, it seems logical.
About the others one, they probably have their own sources, I'd be better if they show where they have found them, but once again I say it looks really trustable.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:00 PM

Typically, this kind of info comes from http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/2dx/19/p.../new_song.html or artist twitters/blogs or the soundtrack scans.

It'd be great to get the scans here.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:56 PM

Made a massive edit thanks to the scans.
And because all informations from the wiki I sourced were alll right, I also added some things like singers who weren't credited.
Now; we can link artists I guess
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:07 PM

I guess we realize that pgs 8-9 and 14-15 are missing?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:40 AM

I know that, someone messaged me about, they weren't included on tha archive that I downloaded, dunno why.
It was the only scans on the web that I found.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:09 PM
VGMdb Advisor

About my rejection message to Xav56's edits...
  • Some performers were added to the composer field (e.g. "Mamonis", "Ashemu", "Bulluvegola", "Rche", "Levaslater")
  • 度胸兄弟 was removed from the composer field
  • Although there were a lot of additions, there were still more composers, arrangers and performers missing from the booklet...
  • A bunch of capitalization/romanization differences (edited for the worse in most of the cases), composer edits below:

Differences:
Ryu* -> Ryu☆ (correct)
D.J.Amuro -> D.J. Amuro (incorrect)
wxs -> wxs (incorrect)
L.E.D. -> L.E.D (incorrect)
seiya-murai -> Seiya Murai (incorrect)
SUPER STAR MITSURU -> SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU- (correct)
YOJI -> Yoji (incorrect)
Nekomata MASTER -> 猫叉MASTER (correct, but we romanize Japanese names when they're known...)
DJ Mass MAD Izm -> DJ Mass MAD Izm* (correct)
Katana Sounds -> KATANA SOUND (incorrect)
DJ MURASAME -> Dj MURASAME (incorrect)
dj killer -> DJ Killer (incorrect)

There were more incorrect edits than correct ones.

Last edited by Nisto; Apr 20, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:46 PM

wxs = wac & Sota Fujimori. Not sure why you're saying "wxs" is correct.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:56 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yindesu View Post
Not sure why you're saying "wxs" is correct.
EDIT: I noticed I just wrote the wrong thing for this change... I meant to write "incorrect".

Last edited by Nisto; Apr 20, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
About my rejection message to Xav56's edits...
  • Some performers were added to the composer field (e.g. "Mamonis", "Ashemu", "Bulluvegola", "Rche", "Levaslater")
  • 度胸兄弟 was removed from the composer field
  • Although there were a lot of additions, there were still more composers, arrangers and performers missing from the booklet...
  • A bunch of capitalization/romanization differences (edited for the worse in most of the cases), composer edits below:

Differences:
Ryu* -> Ryu☆ (correct)
D.J.Amuro -> D.J. Amuro (incorrect)
wxs -> wxs (incorrect)
L.E.D. -> L.E.D (incorrect)
seiya-murai -> Seiya Murai (incorrect)
SUPER STAR MITSURU -> SUPER STAR 満-MITSURU- (correct)
YOJI -> Yoji (incorrect)
Nekomata MASTER -> 猫叉MASTER (correct, but we romanize Japanese names when they're known...)
DJ Mass MAD Izm -> DJ Mass MAD Izm* (correct)
Katana Sounds -> KATANA SOUND (incorrect)
DJ MURASAME -> Dj MURASAME (incorrect)
dj killer -> DJ Killer (incorrect)

There were more incorrect edits than correct ones.
Ok, I think you don't understand what I've made.
1rst thing, I mentionned original beamani productors and with barket pseudos they've used, because it's pretty messy otherwise.
The main problem with the booklet is it didn't mention singers, excepted on track title, only when these one contain singer name, so I found them ont the wiki I mentionned on my 1rst post.

Why I keep do that even if you consider it's not a trustable source ? Just because all information I found in that place were right before I found the booklet, I added these missed informations from this one.

About arrangements, mention everyone is pretty useless, artists just made mastering and thing like that (I don't artists remixed their own songs), but the booklet didn't make any differenceS between a remix and an arrangement, the only remixes are DJ Command track (mentionned) and DIAVOLO (may be because originals productors are dead).

About differences, sorry about these on, didn't noticed them because they're minor, but yeah, if it's indispensable, I will take care about that in the future.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:31 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Although I haven't listened to any of these tracks, I think after all the hours I spent looking at the credits, that it's pretty safe for me to say that the performer credit scheme goes something like this:
  • When there's "feat." after the title, it's composer feat. performer.
  • When there's no "feat.", but a "words" credit, the artist after the slash in the title is the performer, and when there's no "words" credit, it is only the composer/arranger
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Although I haven't listened to any of these tracks, I think after all the hours I spent looking at the credits, that it's pretty safe for me to say that the performer credit scheme goes something like this:
  • When there's no "feat.", but a "words" credit, the artist after the slash in the title is the performer, and when there's no "words" credit, it is only the composer/arranger
Could work, but not S.S.D songs because it's only the artist who's mentionned under a slash, not vocalist, but apparently, these songs are exceptions, it works for everything else

Last edited by Xav56; Apr 21, 2012 at 04:07 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by "after the slash in the title". Also pretty much all BEMANI games credit their music as "Composer or musical instrument performer feat. vocalist" (or skip the vocalist). Sometimes it's Composer/instrument feat. Composer/instrument.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:59 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by "after the slash in the title".
Old Apr 22, 2012, 05:38 PM

Ah, the joys of trying to attribute Bemani tracks to their composers...
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
http://xoom.cc/images/DsBGW.png
..not sure if this is the first time you've looked at a various artists release that isn't a soundtrack with a few composers, but "Title / Artist" is pretty standard out there. There's a reason that's a standard with EAC/freedb etc.

If you're talking about why some tracks are "title feat. artist" by artist, and others are "title" by "artist feat. artist", well that's the million dollar question.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:22 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
..not sure if this is the first time you've looked at a various artists release that isn't a soundtrack with a few composers, but "Title / Artist" is pretty standard out there. There's a reason that's a standard with EAC/freedb etc.
If you're so well aware, then why ask what I meant by "after the slash in the title"...

Look, the part where I mentioned the slash was just to indicate that I meant that part of the credits for a track, and not one of the "words" / "arranger" / "composer" credits. How else was I supposed to do it?

Last edited by Nisto; Apr 22, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:05 PM

"after the slash in the title"

because that implies the "after" part is still part of the title. "The slash after the title" on the other hand says something very different.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:14 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
"after the slash in the title"

because that implies the "after" part is still part of the title. "The slash after the title" on the other hand says something very different.
Okay, you win.