VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:47 AM
VGMdb Staff

Arcade History gives the follwing composer credits: Takayuki Iwai (Anarchy Takapon), Yuki Satomura (Wewe), Tatsuro Zuzuki. I would play through the game to verify but it's too damn hard =(
Old Aug 21, 2008, 02:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

There's a pending edit that changes Yuki Satomura to Yuki Iwai. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 02:56 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Satomura was Yuki Iwai's maiden name before getting married to Takayuki Iwai.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 03:03 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Ohh, this must be the change that prompted the recent discussion about alias types.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 05:29 PM

To note, Yuki Iwai / Satomura also sometimes used the alias Sato in early projects. Among them, Gargoyle's Quest I & II.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
Arcade History gives the follwing composer credits: Takayuki Iwai (Anarchy Takapon), Yuki Satomura (Wewe), Tatsuro Zuzuki. I would play through the game to verify but it's too damn hard =(
See attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg msh.jpg (54.8 KB, 25 views)
Old Sep 7, 2008, 09:33 AM
VGMdb Staff

Cheers, layzee.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:44 AM

In booklets 06 & 07 there appears to be some discussion with the composers. Anyone care to translate that? Or at least check to see if there's any possible composer credits we can get out of it?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
To note, Yuki Iwai / Satomura also sometimes used the alias Sato in early projects. Among them, Gargoyle's Quest I & II.
Oh, that's where "Sato" came from! It's in the Mega Man X staff roll. X2 doesn't have a staff roll - only a cast roll like X3.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 01:19 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I credited the artists with their alias from the booklet since it seemed more appropiate, instead of the staff roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugglepoo View Post
In booklets 06 & 07 there appears to be some discussion with the composers. Anyone care to translate that? Or at least check to see if there's any possible composer credits we can get out of it?
The tracks in English they comment are those they worked on. They only talk about the character's stage tracks but I'd imagine the same person would do their winning/ending/related themes. Susuki only did one track, I'd guess the rest were Takayuki Iwai's since he seemed to be in charge.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 03:26 PM

Yuki Iwai composing Shuma-Gorath came from the liner notes of Rockman 2: The Power Fighters OST.

EDIT: Shuma-Gorath is actually in this game's liner notes; just missed before.

I also think it's very safe to say that all the respective Winning and Ending tracks were done by the same people (just listen to Captain America's) and that Theme of Doctor Doom and Thanos were still done by Takayuki and Yuki, respectively, in accordance with their regular themes.

Lastly, I think the remaining 5 tracks (Ranking Display, Player Select 1, Player Select 2, VS., Here Comes A New Challenger) were all composed by Takayuki Iwai. They are all main game themes (of which Takayuki had the greatest role in composing), and they all sound the same. They also sound different than the three miscellanious themes done by Yuki Iwai (Return of the Heroes, Continue, Game Over); further proof that Yuki couldn't have done those 5.

Ryoji = Ryoji Yamamoto

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Jun 30, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 02:25 PM

Can anyone tell me if this album came with a registration card? If it did not having it doesn't make or break it for me since I got the album for half of what my other opinion was. Otherwise what I got is in great shape.

Still, caught off guard with how good this one is in a good way. I like every stage theme on this one. Great stuff.

Additionally, are the credits for the end/victory screens confirmed? I'm a little confused at to what the consensus was above. At the very least the credits for the stage themes are confirmed via the liner notes, right?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 01:52 AM
VGMdb Staff

Strange if there are no staff credits for both this and XMEN, as our scans indicate, since all the other albums in the "Arcade Gametrack series" have similar booklet layouts and staff credits at the end of the booklet. Something to do with Marvel perhaps.