VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 26, 2020, 06:09 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyswer View Post
Got my copy.
Crediting is a mess as sadly expected.

Nobuo Uematsu's name is plastered on nearly every track that he composed the original composition to, even if it's heavily arranged by somebody else. Like come on. Why can't they just keep track of who does what? It's so annoying. I hope we can get proper credits somehow soon.

For a mercy at least the 100% original tracks for the remake are properly credited.

About the music: yet to properly listen since it's a mammoth of an OST but I have played the game and I like it of course. These credits leave a bad taste in my mouth...
The booklet has complete composer and arranger credits broken down track-by-track. It's just the metadata that automatically gets filled in when you import the music to iTunes (or wherever) that has Uematsu's name front and center. The booklet credits are done very well!