VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 14, 2019, 06:16 AM

Hi,

I'm Spanish native speaker and I corrected the tracklist in Spanish, as well as adding the English translation.

In Spanish only capital letters are written when something is a proper name (your own name, a city name, a country name, things like that), and in this case nothing of this tracklist is a proper name, the tracklist are simple phrases, so I have written the lines in lowercase as they should be. I want to specify this because in other countries there is a bad lexicon habit of "Writing Eveything In Uppercase Words In Any Context And Any Situation No Matter What".

The proper translation in English is exactly what it also says in Spanish.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 06:41 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazs View Post
I'm Spanish native speaker and I corrected the tracklist in Spanish, as well as adding the English translation.
We don't correct tracklists. Spelling, capitalization and so on are kept the way they are.

Last edited by Efendija; Sep 14, 2019 at 06:50 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
We don't correct tracklists. Spelling, capitalization and so on are kept the way they are.
The tracklist is exactly the same, no words have been altered to match the search results. I'm trying to fix a language template mistake to do the right thing because the entire tracklist is misspelled due an automated upload process when companies upload something in a store, but you don't allow it, I don't understand.

In Spanish our words have punctuation marks like á, é, í, ó, ú, ñ, ç. If a company uploads a track misspelled like "Azafran" when it should be "azafrán", I have to leave the wrong one only because here there is a rule saying that you can't correct what is wrong?

If someone does not know a language beyond their own and does not bother to translate it, reading this tracklist will make him believe that what he sees is correct, and it's not, so basically the error will continue growing everywhere, becoming a snowball in every website on internet.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 08:57 PM

this is getting personal here
call security
Old Jul 16, 2020, 07:58 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Contacted Carlos Viola to know more about those arrangement and performer credits. Will post it here if i get a reply
Old Aug 22, 2020, 02:25 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivda View Post
Contacted Carlos Viola to know more about those arrangement and performer credits. Will post it here if i get a reply
Well damn, still nothing.