VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 16, 2019, 08:20 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I bought this new from Amazon JP (their warehouse, not the marketplace).

I added some more images: case front (sealed), case back (sealed), Obi, disc, booklet front (large), booklet back.

I'll add images for the inside of the booklet later. There are liner notes for each track that appear to have the composer credited, so we'll finally have complete credits for this one.

Last edited by Chris Porter; Sep 16, 2019 at 08:38 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 05:31 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Unfortunately, in the booklet there is no clean breakdown of who composed what track. However, there are comments on each track* that give some details as to who the composers are. The pages are all uploaded, so I would appreciate if someone could check my work. Also, keep in mind that there is already some information in the notes section that was taken from Harumi Shiina's website. The information below is just what I can gather from the liner notes themselves.

*Track #17 is missing from the booklet, but it is a different version of track #1, so it has the same credits.

Note that the majority of the liner notes are from Shigeru Nagasaki. He's credited as Sound Producer and affiliated with NoBrandSounds. Because of the tendency in Japanese to not use subjects, all of the comments where he doesn't specifically mention the names of the composers can be take to mean "He, Shigeru Nagasaki" did the composition, or "We, members of NoBrandSounds" did the composition. So, in my opinion, several of these aren't clear enough to make a definitive judgement as to who composed what. But a few of them are clear and those can be added to the notes.

Again, I'd appreciate someone else going through the booklet and checking my understanding and seeing if they can come to any further conclusions.

1. The composition is credited to 雑音工房NOISE and ノーブランドサウンズ (NoBrandSound, but the liner notes say Hyakutaro Tsukumo and Shigeru Nagasaki composed it.
2. Shigeru Nagasaki (probably)
3. Shigeru Nagasaki
4. Shigeru Nagasaki
5. Harumi Shiina
6. Shigeru Nagasaki
7. Harumi Shiina
8. The liner notes (from Shigeru Nagasaki) just mention that the piece was made after a new member joined the sound staff. The current notes indicate that it was composed by Taz, Hyakutaro Tsukumo, and Harumi Shiina
9. Shigeru Maeda (not positive on the pronunciation of this first name, but it's the same kanji as Shigeru Nagasaki - 繁)
10. Shigeru Nagasaki
11. Shigeru Nagasaki
12. Shigeru Nagasaki
13. Shigeru Nagasaki
14. Shigeru Nagasaki
15. Shigeru Nagasaki
16. Harumi Shiina
17. Hyakutaro Tsukumo, Shigeru Nagasaki
18. Shigeru Nagasaki
19. Shigeru Nagasaki
20. Taz
21. The liner notes say "3人掛かりで作っています", so I'm guessing it's Hyakutaro Tsukumo, Shigeru Nagasaki, and Harumi Shiina
22. This one says "音楽スタッフ全員で作曲にとりかかっています". This may be implying that it's also including Taz, along with Hyakutaro Tsukumo, Shigeru Nagasaki, and Harumi Shiina.
23. Composition is credited to 雑音工房NOISE (zatsuon koubou NOISE)
24. Shigeru Nagasaki
25. Shigeru Nagasaki

Here's a Wikipedia page that talks about 雑音工房NOISE and NoBrandSounds (ノーブランドサウンズ) that might be helpful:

https://bit.ly/2kkU48X

Last edited by Chris Porter; Sep 17, 2019 at 06:31 AM.