VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 8, 2008, 03:10 PM
VGMdb Staff

Did these four releases (INTIR-1~7) come with some sort of first print bonus? I seem to recall talk of slipcases, but I can't really remember that well.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:23 PM

Just checked out Booklet 8 (Interview with Setsuo Yamamoto, Makoto Tomozawa, Toshihiko Horiyama, and Yuko Komiyama [in that order] and saw that Rockman 7 and Rockman & Forte were in Toshihiko's section along with Rockman X4 and Tron ni Kobun). In terms of Rockman 7, this makes me feel stupid for not uncovering this sooner even though I was ultimately right about him being Krsk. However, the presence of Rockman & Forte confirms that Toshihiko Horiyama is Kirikiri-chan.

If someone could translate anything on Booklet pages 7 and 8 pertaining to who did specific tracks in the X series, that would be a great help. Thank you.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:25 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I don't think there are any track credits. There may be some extremely vague hints but I can't quite get them.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:06 AM

OK, I'll get the ball rolling.

-The first time Komiyama speaks, she mentions X5's opening and how it references X1's Demo theme and then asks if it's Zero's image theme. Tomozawa then replies saying that Zero's image theme is from Rockman X, which makes sense as that theme is played more over the X series (namely X5 and X6) instead of Zero's theme ("Zero") by Setsuo Yamamoto. This further leads me to believe that Tomozawa composed "Demo," as it has similar instruments to Vava 1 and Vava 2.

**At this point, I'd like to restate that Tomozawa has composition credit in Zero 3 for "Scrapped Beat" but is listed under "Special Thanks" instead of Music in the in-game credits. Therefore Tomozawa is in the same situation as Setsuo in that one of his former tracks was used to create a new one, meaning that his role in the music of the Zero series was also inactive. Aside from the descriptive track name, the song clearly references Vava 2 starting at 0:27 and ending at 0:51.**
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6RBED-BSIw - Scrapped Beat

Tomozawa also refers to Vava's image theme when Komiyama asks about Zero's image theme and brings it up 3 out of the 4 times total in the conversation (Horiyama was the 4th, mentioned in-between Tomozawa's first two mentions).

Komiyama, however, does not contribute much in her other two moments: all she does after that is mention the details of Zero's X7 Ending and close the interview. Her summary box might have something, so if anyone can translate the sentence pertaining to X7, that would be great.

Also, for those speculating that Ippo Yamada = Izuho Takeuchi, his box on Booklet 10 states that he joined Capcom in 1993 and worked on Demon's Crest/Demon's Blazon (SE), Rockman X2 (SE), the SNES version of Super Street Fighter II (SE), and the 3DO version of Super Street Fighter II X (aka SSFII Turbo) (SE).

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Oct 4, 2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
all she does after that is mention the details of Zero's X7 Ending and close the interview. Her summary box might have something, so if anyone can translate the sentence pertaining to X7, that would be great.
Dude, if I was a composer I would NOT admit to writting the music for Zero's ending in X7.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans View Post
Dude, if I was a composer I would NOT admit to writting the music for Zero's ending in X7.
I meant the story events. Sorry if I wasn't clear, but if there is something in there that implies composition, please tell me. Same goes for the sentence I mentioned before.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Aug 24, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:18 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I think you are reading too much into it Kyubi

The general conversation goes like this:
- General comments about Rockman Zero the game ("hard")
- Yamamoto's comments about X1 music (the differences in the style compared with old Rockman music, guitar sounds, etc)
- Zero's theme [X1], Yamamoto wanted cool guitar riffs (I think?) [this implies he did Zero's theme but I think this is known]
- The X series music wasn't fixed, since composers keep changing (except Horiyama in 1/3/4)
- X2 suddenly had all new music -> Yamamoto wonders about arranges, Komiyama replies X5 opening did use part of Demo from X1 [this is just a comment, I don't think it implies anything]
- (separate topic) about Zero's image (as a character): Tomozawa jokes that Vava had an stronger image in X1 (but wasn't it X4! --Horiyama), Zero is kinda like Blues, etc
- Tomozawa asks if they know the relation between X's Zero and Rockman Zero -> Yamamoto/Komiyama talk about how it's in X6/7's ending, the planner did plan about it, etc
- More jokes, fin

The Komiyama box just says Rockman 7 was her first work in Capcom. Other boxes are just game credits that I guess are well known. Or should I translate them?