VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:42 PM

Question "K" anime - TRAILER MUSIC -please help with name of composer

I am just curious if anyone could help with finding name of composer for this trailer music.
It is beautiful, uplifting and relaxing strings and piano driven music with no info about composer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssm8sibwFU

My wild guess is someone from Elements Garden group but it could also be Tatsuya Kato, Seikou Nagaoka, Kei Haneoka, Jun Maeda and Co., Taku Iwasaki, Jun Ichikawa, Tsuneyoshi Saito... but I am not convinced about it.

The sound is quite familiar. I am also curious for your tips for composer of this piece of music which composer style it remembers you.

There is general info on official site music production: Starchild records...but could it be any help?

All the best
MD

Last edited by Porter; Aug 10, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 07:12 AM
VGMdb Staff

They're having an event for the anime in less than a week, if I recall correctly. It's very likely that the main staff will be announced then.

Edit: I just checked and presentation takes place on August 12th, 17:00 JST. I hope the PV composer is the composer for the anime.

Last edited by cal; Aug 9, 2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Edit: I just checked and presentation takes place on August 12th, 17:00 JST. I hope the PV composer is the composer for the anime.
I also hope for this!

I just checked list of animes produced by Gou NAKANISHI from GORA project producing "K" anime and there are 2 frequent composer names:
Kei Haneoka(5x) and Tsuneyoshi Saito(4x)
Other composers included are Seikou Nagaoka (2x), Koichi Korenaga(2x), Ryuji Takagi (2x), Naoki Sato, Conisch, Masaru Yokoyoma, Mitsutaka Tajiri, Hakime Kikuchi, Masaki Iwamoto

I am just curious if it will be anyone from these names.

All the best
Porter
Old Aug 11, 2012, 02:29 PM

Thumbs up

I was reading discussion about anime on AnimeSuki forum and there was something like leaked cast info and in position for music was name:
TSUNEYOSHI SAITO!

I hope it is truth

All the best
MD
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:33 AM
VGMdb Staff

Music: Mikio Endo

Only 4 credits in the database (the last one being 12 years ago). It looks like guessing the composer would have been impossible.

http://k-project.jpn.com/staff_cast/

Edit: Soundtrack included with Vol.2 BD/DVD which releases on November 7th. Wow, they're releasing this anime really quickly. Vol.1/2 release simultaneously only a month after it airs.

Last edited by cal; Aug 12, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
Music: Mikio Endo

Only 4 credits in the database (the last one being 12 years ago). It looks like guessing the composer would have been impossible.

http://k-project.jpn.com/staff_cast/

Edit: Soundtrack included with Vol.2 BD/DVD which releases on November 7th. Wow, they're releasing this anime really quickly. Vol.1/2 release simultaneously only a month after it airs.
I was 100% sure that I heard that style before...but this name is really big surprise.
I hope that he is the man behind trailer music.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:34 AM

Thumbs up

After almost 4 months of waiting I am listening now this beautiful imaginative music.
I would buy this soundtrack only for "K" Theme, but there is so much more. I like variations on "K" theme and there are also good beats, samples, prominent piano and strings - everything mixed well in compact mass with fusing lot of genres ranging from hip-hop groove, acid jazz, funk an typical orchestral strings writting.
This sountrack is flowing through ears and brain nicely.
Mikio Endo great work. Thank you!