VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 4, 2007, 05:19 PM

Default Export Collection

Consider this a highly desired feature request. For our own collections we keep on here, I'd love it if you guys would make it so we could export the data to a CSV file or Excel or something. Make it so we can choose which fields to export, having everything selectable (album name, catalog #, release date, composers, publisher, etc) so we could manipulate/sort it however we choose. It'd be a nice handy way to keep a very informative local database of my own collection, and be able to sort by date, do stuff with it in Access, or whatever.

Maybe even have an option to export as an HTML file with album art and/or tracklists included somehow? The possibilities are endless.

-Mike
Old Dec 4, 2007, 11:28 PM
VGMdb Administrator

That's a good idea. I'll keep it in mind.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 05:03 PM

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I wanted to second Mike's suggestion.

Perhaps a way to export one's collection as an XML file? Even just a simple export for backup or printing (album title, catalog number, VGMdb id) could be pretty useful. Extended functionality could be added later if there was enough demand.

This might not be the best place to do it, but I'd also like to suggest the ability to search a user's collection. Some examples:

-search for all albums released in 2001 within my collection
-search for all albums composed by Uematsu within my collection

... and so on. A lot of the needed functionality seems to be in place already, but I haven't found a way to do this using the current advanced search or collection features.