VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 16, 2011, 01:55 PM

added some scans but I would somebody who owns the ablum to check if I properly tagged the scans. I found them on internet.
thx in advance
Old Dec 4, 2011, 06:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The reading of 渡部マキ is inconsistent: "Maky Watanabe" in Mr. Driller 2 and "Maki Watabe" in Mr. Driller: Drill Land. Couldn't find a staff roll for Mr. Driller G so I don't know if she's credited as Watanabe or Watabe there.

No G credits also mean I couldn't confirm 大石薫 is Kaoru Ooishi, although retailers (Kotenha, CD Japan) go with different variations of that.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:54 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Some of the track<>game/system credits in the notes were incorrect (e.g. "Georian" wasn't listed for MD1 on PSX). I fixed them based on the scan. If for some reason the scan is incorrect, please post proof here before reverting or making any changes.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:11 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbip15 View Post
added some scans but I would somebody who owns the ablum to check if I properly tagged the scans. I found them on internet.
thx in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
Some of the track<>game/system credits in the notes were incorrect (e.g. "Georian" wasn't listed for MD1 on PSX). I fixed them based on the scan. If for some reason the scan is incorrect, please post proof here before reverting or making any changes.
The scans are alright. Just the page numbers were wrong. Changed them accordingly.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 02:45 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I was rereading Go Shiina's old interview with Cocoebiz (thanks Dag for digging this one back up), and I thought this bit was kind of funny:

Quote:
"Balance" from Mr. Driller series

Kimura: Is that an electric violin?

Shiina: Yes. it's quite difficult... The violinist who played it, Mr. NAOTO, released his own albums from a major record company after this. The recording was an ordeal. He said "This is the hardest piece I've ever played." (laughs)
The runs in the second half after the piece switches to 6/8 are pretty lmao

Unfortunately, this album doesn't credit the live performers. :-(
Old May 5, 2022, 10:09 AM

Despite what the booklet says, none of the tracks here are actually used in the arcade version. Some of them did originate from it, but they're just the arranged versions from the console version of the game. Not as certain about whether these were used in 2 or not though, although I do remember looking at gameplay videos and some of the music sound streamed and other sounded sequenced.

Additionally, no arrangers have been credited for the handheld versions in the booklet. These do have sound credits in-game, though "Sound" alone is vague and some could've just did sound effects or direction.

Mr. Driller (GBC):
Quote:
Junko Ozawa, Hiromi Shibano, Hiroshi Okubo, Tomoko Tatsuta
(interestingly Okubo is also credited for graphics)

Mr. Driller 2 (GBA):
Quote:
Yoshinori Kawamoto, Tomoko Tatsuta, Hideki Inoue
While not included here, here's what the WonderSwan version credits:
Quote:
Kouji Murata, Mika Touno, Shiho Konishi, Yuichi Watanabe