VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 10, 2020, 04:17 PM
Trusted Editor

That blog post seems to indicate that Kaori was responsible for both versions of Stamp on the Jukebox disc (D8M4,23) and the previous blog entry indicates that Yuki Hirose was responsible for the infectiously pleasant whistle in the Wall Market tracks (D4M06~8) [already known from "Whistle:" credit] and Keisuke Albert Kato was responsible for both versions of The Midgar Blues on the Jukebox disc (D8M15,24).

The current blog says that Yosuke Kakegawa is responsible for Voice and Chorus in D2M09, D4M04, and D6M15 among others but I don't think that's confirmation that the chorus is actually him, I think he just lead direction on it. Especially since he's credited as "Chorus and Talking Modulator".

That still leaves Tsukasa Mogamigawa and non as unknowns. It's weird they're credited on vocals specifically for the Jukebox disc but there aren't any vocal songs left.

Also, fixed the English tracklist jukebox song to include the parentheses.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 12:59 PM

That's cool! Sadly, I'm not able to read Japanese and I didn't want to use Google in case of saying something wrong lol. But it's nice that there are some artist confirmations. And yeah, I really like the Wall Market whistle!

Strange about the other two vocalists, especially as Tsukasa Mogamigawa is listed as first in the list (next to his music label). Maybe some sort of chorus or background vocals?
Old Jun 12, 2020, 02:02 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
That still leaves Tsukasa Mogamigawa and non as unknowns. It's weird they're credited on vocals specifically for the Jukebox disc but there aren't any vocal songs left.
It's on today's blog.

Tsukasa Mogamigawa
D8M15 Vocal

non
D2M09 Noise Guitar
D2M10 Noise Guitar
D2M13 Vocal
D8M04 Vocal

Al Copeland
D6M15 Vocal
D8M11 Vocal

There will be another blog post next week too.

Last edited by cal; Jun 12, 2020 at 02:06 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
It's on today's blog.

Tsukasa Mogamigawa
D8M15 Vocal

non
D2M09 Noise Guitar
D2M10 Noise Guitar
D2M13 Vocal
D8M04 Vocal

Al Copeland
D6M15 Vocal
D8M11 Vocal

There will be another blog post next week too.
Makes sense to me as I always thought the Japanese and English versions had different vocalists. However, D8M11 is the jukebox version of "Honeybee Inn", but I can't hear any vocals on that track. You're sure about that credit?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 04:17 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
Makes sense to me as I always thought the Japanese and English versions had different vocalists. However, D8M11 is the jukebox version of "Honeybee Inn", but I can't hear any vocals on that track. You're sure about that credit?
The blog says
Quote:
アルさんは「蜜蜂の館」「スカーレットのテーマ」ボーカル担当。
TL: Al did the vocals for "Honeybee Inn" and "Scarlet's Theme".
Old Jun 13, 2020, 04:19 PM
Trusted Editor

Yeah, I don't know if I trust those credits. Honeybee Inn does not have vocals and Al Copeland is not even credited on the Jukebox disc.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 04:41 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
Yeah, I don't know if I trust those credits. Honeybee Inn does not have vocals and Al Copeland is not even credited on the Jukebox disc.
I looked it up and I guess it's referring to "Stand Up" which plays at Honeybee Inn in-game.

I guess they just used the wrong track title in the blog.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 04:42 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
I looked it up and I guess it's referring to "Stand Up" which plays at Honeybee Inn in-game.

I guess they just used the wrong track title in the blog.
Yeah that seems much more plausible.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 12:49 AM

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. By "Honeybee Inn" they were refering to the "Stand Up" sequence, where her vocals are used.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 05:03 AM

If anyone interested in unreleased tracks and variations from FFVII Remake Soundtrack you can find high quality gamerips on my SoundCloud page: https://soundcloud.com/user-968969093 Downloads are enabled. More tracks will be posted on my other SC page: https://soundcloud.com/user-641769595
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:22 AM

The only songs I care about are the jukebox ones on the extra disk. Is this limited soundtrack the only way to obtain these songs?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:27 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. newbie View Post
The only songs I care about are the jukebox ones on the extra disk. Is this limited soundtrack the only way to obtain these songs?
Yes 10char
Old Jul 11, 2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
It looks like the Special Edition sold out on Amazon Japan and all the listings for it there are from resellers now. First time I've seen a non-limited edition soundtrack actually sell out there so this one might become rare/expensive sooner rather than later.
It's a limited edition, on Square Enix store you can read "*First-run limited edition". Seems like so many people got interested by this edition once they realized it was a "rare" one, #sad
Old Aug 22, 2020, 03:50 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Man, this performers list is absurd. Good job to everyone who worked on those notes.
Really wish there was individual track credits for performers, but guess that's never going to happen...
Old Aug 24, 2023, 06:02 PM

I'm wondering if SE accidentally left Nobuo off of the credits of "I'm Waiting, Cloud" (7-11) as that song has clear passages from "The One Chosen by the Planet" toward the end.