VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 11, 2009, 02:49 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I notice the English tracklist is actually Japanese. Was that meant to be a replacement for the one already there?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 02:12 AM

Sorry, I only translated the tracks that were relevant to me and then I added the partially translated one with the intention that someone else can finish the job in the future (if they care to).
Old Oct 9, 2020, 08:38 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
Sorry, I only translated the tracks that were relevant to me and then I added the partially translated one with the intention that someone else can finish the job in the future (if they care to).
Were the few tracks you translated the ones composed by S.S.H.? I know that you're a fan. If so, how do you know those ones are his? Is there a composer breakdown somewhere? Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2020, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
Were the few tracks you translated the ones composed by S.S.H.? I know that you're a fan. If so, how do you know those ones are his? Is there a composer breakdown somewhere? Thanks!
As far as I know, there is no composer breakdown so it's mainly just ears and (educated) guesses. I don't remember what the rest of the non-S.S.H. soundtrack sounds like but the six tracks highlighted should be clearly different in style compared to the rest. In addition, the alleged S.S.H. tracks are similar to the rest of his works 2004~2008 (i.e. synth guitars, killer riffs, etc).

One exception is track 17 "Memories of Tragic Love" which is a piano tune with no guitars but I have reason to believe it's still an S.S.H. song. Apart from the track placement on the album, sandwiched between conventional S.S.H. fare, he also does piano songs every now and then - I think there's one on one of the Lost Child albums.

While I'm here, I might as well make a few minor track name translation adjustments (sorry, S.S.H. tracks only).
Old Oct 11, 2020, 03:55 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
As far as I know, there is no composer breakdown so it's mainly just ears and (educated) guesses. I don't remember what the rest of the non-S.S.H. soundtrack sounds like but the six tracks highlighted should be clearly different in style compared to the rest. In addition, the alleged S.S.H. tracks are similar to the rest of his works 2004~2008 (i.e. synth guitars, killer riffs, etc).

One exception is track 17 "Memories of Tragic Love" which is a piano tune with no guitars but I have reason to believe it's still an S.S.H. song. Apart from the track placement on the album, sandwiched between conventional S.S.H. fare, he also does piano songs every now and then - I think there's one on one of the Lost Child albums.

While I'm here, I might as well make a few minor track name translation adjustments (sorry, S.S.H. tracks only).
Thanks for the info! I trust your educated guesses, but I guess there's no way to know with 100% certainty without an official breakdown, huh? Either way, thanks for the reply!