VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 20, 2008, 06:34 AM

title doesn't have spaces between the DANCES&DRAGONS, also, + is used in [Dra+KoI], the † is used in between Japanese.

http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/pc/lineup/mus_10.html

EDIT: i won't edit the actual page until someone says this is ok?
Old Dec 20, 2008, 07:18 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, that's fine by me. Since the official site transcribes it like that, we'll go with it.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 07:37 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Well, I think there's room for interpretation on both of these.

Dances & Dragons does have spaces on the obi, and they are stylistically separated on the cover. Of course, the ampersand is one of those characters that has space on either side built into it when using the Japanese set.

Also on the cover, Dra+Koi uses the dagger symbol, though it uses the + on the Obi.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 03:37 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The dagger symbol should remain in the japanese line. I feel that the + sign should be in the display line (or at least listed as an alternative) since that's the version most people will do searches by.

As for the space on either side of "&", you can format the display for readability but the subtitle without spaces should be in the japanese line to capture both versions.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 08:31 PM

@secret squirrel: i tend to go by the published information, as covers tend to aim for an artistic edge.

uh...i guess one iffy example i can give would be AC/DC
band name uses "/", or atleast is commonly adscribed "/", but they use a thunder symbol instead for their covers.

as for the space thing, i'll make the display line
DANCES & DRAGONS! [Dra†KoI] Original Sound Track
Jap line
DANCES&DRAGONS! 竜†恋[Dra+KoI] オリジナルサウンドトラック

this should be okay right?
Old Dec 20, 2008, 09:33 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think that's fine. I guess I should look through the other Nitroplus / HOBiRECORDS albums in the database since I remember re-arranging the subtitle order on some of them.