VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:02 PM

'Beyond Sorrow' fading out is probably the saddest moment in vgm.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 07:22 PM

As revealed on Page 9 of the liner notes, Motoaki Furukawa credits Hidefumi Toki ("Toki san") as the sax player on "One Night In Neo Kobe City" and Nobuo Yagi ("Yagi san") as the jazz harp player on "Tears Stained Eyes". He plays acoustic guitar on that track as well.

Last edited by XISMZERO; Jun 6, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old May 3, 2018, 02:08 PM

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this an OST to the Sega CD version rather than simply an arrangement album for the NEC version? For what I can tell through YouTube "One Night in NEO KOBE CITY" at least sounds identical to the Sega CD redbook track.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 10:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

This album was used later as audio in the Sega CD version of the game, which came out two years afterward.

The ad for this album in SCC Memorial Series Snatcher -Joint Disk- says it pertains to the PC-Engine version.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 09:31 PM

So why isn't this labeled as both Original Soundtrack and Arrangement then?
The PC Engine CD version came out on October 23rd, 1992 - almost a month before this album came out.
Not every track here was used in that, but several were, including (correct me if I'm wrong about any of these) BIO HAZARD, One Night in NEO KOBE CITY, Theme of SNATCHER (PART 2), and Eternal Promise (Good-bye RANDAM). Sounds like that fits the bill to me.
I'd make the edit myself but I want to be sure we're all on the same page, just in case there is a specific reason.