VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 15, 2020, 08:31 AM
Trusted Editor

Moved Daniel Hagström from composer to arranger, this tweet by Julio Kallio says he was the sole composer while Daniel handled arrangement and mastering.

EDIT: also corroborated on Daniel's website.

Last edited by Toad King; Aug 15, 2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 05:45 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad King View Post
Moved Daniel Hagström from composer to arranger, this tweet by Julio Kallio says he was the sole composer while Daniel handled arrangement and mastering.

EDIT: also corroborated on Daniel's website.
It says on Daniel Hagström's website that he was responsible for "production, mixing, and mastering". I don't think that implies he did any arranging. Is there another source that says he did any arranging of Julio's music?

For now, I've made an artist page for Daniel and linked him to this album as mixing engineer and mastering engineer.

Last edited by Chris Porter; Aug 16, 2020 at 05:54 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 10:45 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
It says on Daniel Hagström's website that he was responsible for "production, mixing, and mastering". I don't think that implies he did any arranging. Is there another source that says he did any arranging of Julio's music?

For now, I've made an artist page for Daniel and linked him to this album as mixing engineer and mastering engineer.
Not that I know of. I just assumed "production" in this case to be the instrument and synths in Julio's tweet, which would fall under the "arrangement" umbrella here. Should that be placed somewhere else instead?

At least it should be somewhere other than composition, which is all Julio. Also "Finnvox" should be added as a mastering credit, as per the notes on Bandcamp.