VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 23, 2012, 02:45 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Do you have a link to the announcement page for this?

Also, let's not get started down the wrong path of cramming a bunch of names into the artist fields without detailing what they did. We don't tracklists yet for the discs, so it seems like it's possibly speculation.
Old May 23, 2012, 03:06 PM
Trusted Editor

Here's the link to the announcement.
Old May 23, 2012, 09:15 PM

Do you think the fan made or fan original content will be either of these from ocremix?
http://ocremix.org/album/12/oc-remix...ial-soundtrack
http://ocremix.org/album/8/super-str...on-the-asphalt
Old May 26, 2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
Do you think the fan made or fan original content will be either of these from ocremix?
I for one hope not, I simply couldn't stand the SF2T HD Remix, I didn't hate it but I just didn't like the sound, I think they use sound fonts or something. Maybe they're the oldest group but I bet there are better (hopefully using real instruments or at least good synth).

I hope they re-master most of the material prior the Alpha series. I'm amazed that this is a US release, usually they would try to cram something in a single CD lasting only 45 minutes.

Last edited by emuxer; May 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:36 PM
VGMdb Staff

I still don't understand why label like Suleputer stll don't make a super limited release with all SF port soundtrack like other great Capcom series...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:01 PM

So, who's gonna preorder 10 copies and sell each one on ebay for $400 as soon as its no longer available? :P
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:28 AM

The discs are in plastic sleeves inside the box (pretty shoddy), so the tracklist and credits I just added are mostly taken from the CD-TEXT. The SSF2T disc just credited Syun Nishigaki and Isao Abe for every track so I adapted the credits from the SSF2 soundtrack. There's a Capcom wikia that has credits for the other tracks as well, but I have no idea where that's sourced from so I left it out.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:29 AM
VGMdb Staff

is there an european official importer of this product?

Last edited by depa; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:01 PM

I'm in Europe and I got mine from Amazon.com -- apparently Capcom struck some sort of deal with them so they would ship it to Europe as well. They still seem to have some for both systems, too.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:07 PM
VGMdb Staff

Other questions:

Do X360 and PS3 versions differ only from the outside paper box?
Does amazon ship free in all countries of Europe? Did you have custom tax to pay?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:38 AM

Well, obviously the games and downloads are for the system you get it for. :P Plus, the PS3 version has more on the download side (you get all the SFA games and like a million avatars along with all the Third Strike DLC.) I think the actual box is physically the same, but I only have the PS3 version.

Amazon made me pay $25 in shipping as well as a tax deposit up front. Converted to euros it came down to about 160 euros in the end. Still the cheapest option I was able to find, though.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 12:15 AM

I created "Shienkyaku Upskirt". Not sure which field or whatever I'd put my name down for (Arranger would be my best guess? Maybe performer?), all of the pages for stuff I've done have been set up by someone else, so I don't wanna jump in there and start messin' with stuff.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkthunder84 View Post
So, who's gonna preorder 10 copies and sell each one on ebay for $400 as soon as its no longer available? :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-life
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusK View Post
I created "Shienkyaku Upskirt". Not sure which field or whatever I'd put my name down for (Arranger would be my best guess? Maybe performer?), all of the pages for stuff I've done have been set up by someone else, so I don't wanna jump in there and start messin' with stuff.
Purely depends. If it is a fully original song then you would be a composer, if you took an older song and remade it by a lot then arranger or remixer, performer if you actually played some part of the song like guitar or such for a part of the song.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Purely depends. If it is a fully original song then you would be a composer, if you took an older song and remade it by a lot then arranger or remixer, performer if you actually played some part of the song like guitar or such for a part of the song.
That's about what I figured going by how I was credited on other projects, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 06:16 PM

They botched tracks 23 and 24 on disc 6. Twilight 2011 (Round 1) & Twilight 2011 (Round 2) are switched around, with Round 1 actually being the second round theme in-game.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 11:48 PM

Lack Composer credits.
Disc 2 Tracks 1, 21, 26, 27, 33-41
Disc 3 Tracks 22, 23
Disc 4 Tracks 23, 24

MapleStory: do you mean they put the names backwards?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:57 AM

Quote:
MapleStory: do you mean they put the names backwards?
Yup! So the correct track names for DISC 6 would technically be:

23. Twilight 2011 (Round 2)
24. Twilight 2011 (Round 1)

I've played massive amounts of 3rd Strike in all forms (arcade, DC, PS2, Online Edition) so I caught it right away, as disc 6 was the biggest deal to me out of the entire bunch. The difference can also be noted by just listening to track 23 starting from 0:14 and comparing it to Ibuki's second round theme from the PS2's soundtrack (which is identical to the arcade soundtrack).

Last edited by MapleStory; Oct 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:25 PM

NNTK...NWTK

Last edited by emuxer; Nov 11, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:48 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Lack Composer credits.
Disc 2 Tracks 1, 21, 26, 27, 33-41
Disc 3 Tracks 22, 23
Disc 4 Tracks 23, 24
Right, these aren't accidental omissions. The specific composers for the disc 2 tracks apparently aren't known (see ThunderPX's first post), and those pieces on disc 3 & 4 aren't music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuxer View Post
The names of the fan arrangers don't seem to be from OC Remix, at least not the ones in Blood in the Asphalt and SSFT2HD, is this correct? Are there no OC Remixes?
OC ReMix as a group did not provide the arrangements for this album, but there is at least one OCR submitter there (DusK). I think he may be the only one, but I'm not positive without double-checking everyone.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Right, these aren't accidental omissions. The specific composers for the disc 2 tracks apparently aren't known (see ThunderPX's first post), and those pieces on disc 3 & 4 aren't music.
I see now, I was looking at the street fighter II new champions album and the "new tracks" section was so close to Isao Abe, I thought it was just a mistake he left them off.

I saw the wikia he mentions, and I think for all the newer tracks Syun Nishigaki is credited on it. As mentioned though with nothing to show where the information comes from.

Maybe a tweet or something may get the information we require.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:06 AM

So there are no Super Nintendo ports for Street Fighter II / Turbo?
Then what a complete waste of time and money.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:49 AM

Not sure how correct these are. It does state most of what we know but credits Syun Nighigaki for Akuma on Street Fighter II Turbo, most other versions are credited to Yoko Shimomura.

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Isao_Abe
http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Syun_Nishigaki
http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Yoko_Shimomura
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:33 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, that's the site that ThunderPX mentioned but ultimately didn't use any information from. It's completely unsourced, so put as much trust in it as you feel like, but I don't think we should use it for album edits without something more reliable to verify what's there.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:32 PM
VGMdb Staff

Looking into Abe & Nishigaki profiles, the SSF2 credits are very very detailed, specially for arrangement linking we haven't still on this database. It would be interesting where does they get these infos..... but honestly they are too much detailed to be random linked.
For example other Capcom games like Rockman X1 have info more & more detailed than we have available.... I've put on the Final Fight album thread a question now...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:21 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by depa View Post
Looking into Abe & Nishigaki profiles, the SSF2 credits are very very detailed, specially for arrangement linking we haven't still on this database. It would be interesting where does they get these infos..... but honestly they are too much detailed to be random linked.
I'd make the argument the other way: the fact that the site makes a bunch of composition and arrangement assertions that are totally unexplained and not found anywhere else makes me suspicious that they're legitimate. Especially since the wiki is publicly editable and doesn't seem to be policed.

I looked at Makoto Tomozawa's page, and he's credited as having composed the PSX overseas opening and ending movie themes for Mega Man X3.

As part of a Twitter interiew with OKeijiDragon, Tomozawa explicitly said twice that the only piece he composed for the game was the opening theme:

Quote:
OKD: By the way, you worked on the PlayStation version of X3 while working on Biohazard correct, based on the release dates?

Tomozawa: Yes, but I had to compose only 1 music for X3 so I could compose [BioHazard].

OKD: That is to say, you did not work on the SNES version of X3, but the PlayStation version?

Tomozawa: Yes. I only composed [the] OP movie’s BGM [for the] overseas version.
Why is Makoto Tomozawa also credited for the ending movie, then? Here's why, from the Mega Man X3 page:

Quote:
Recent Twitter feeds from Tomozawa reveal him to be the composer of "Megaman X3 Opening Theme" for the overseas version of the title. He can also be pinned to "Megaman X3 Ending Theme," the other overseas theme, given its unmistakable similarities to the beginning of Resident Evil's overseas staff roll theme, "Still Dawn."
So, in direct contradiction with what Makoto Tomozawa said, the wiki also credits him with the ending theme because of a stylistic similarity with another piece of music (and a really weak one at that, assuming I'm listening to the right tunes).

We shouldn't be trusting it.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:36 PM

Yeah, that site is starting to bug me now. Need more sources! It could be someone purely speculating and passing it off as factual (like someone here used to do).
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:56 PM

Not supposed that all those names on the list of Disc 10 should appear in the arranger field?
The Disc 10 is a selection of arranged tracks.

Spoiler:
01 World Warriorz [Medley of some tracks of Street Fighter II]
02 The Warrior Within [Ryu's Theme - Street Fighter II]
03 Here Comes a Giant [Zangief's Theme - Street Fighter II]
04 The Fire Shoto [Ken Theme - Street Fighter II]
05 Mind Blowing Love [LEAVE ALONE (Dudley's Theme) - Street Fighter III]
06 Shadaloo March [Brave or Grave (M. Bison's Theme) - Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3]
07 Snowy Train [Snowland (Necro & Twelve's Theme) - Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike]
08 Fallen Hero of Metro City [Cody's Theme - Street Fighter IV]
09 No Play 4 Ibuki [Sharp Eyes (Ibuki's Theme) - Street Fighter III: New Generation / 2nd Impact]
10 Guile's Theme on Violin [Guile's Theme - Street Fighter II]
11 Spiral Arrow [Cammy's Theme - Super Street Fighter II]
12 Abel Rock [Abel's Theme - Street Fighter IV]
13 JazzyNYC'ing DatBeat [JAZZY NYC '99 (Alex & Ken's Theme) - Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike]
14 Blanka in Brasil [Blanka's Theme - Street Fighter II]
15 Ibiza in My Head [Beats In My Head (Elena's Theme) - Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike]
16 Vega's Theme 2012 [Vega's Theme - Street Fighter II]
17 Wrath of Bushinryu [Guy's Theme - Street Fighter Zero/Alpha]
18 I Want You to Know [Sakura's Theme - Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo] <--- the vocal version of her theme from Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2
19 The Legendary Tomahawk [T. Hawk's Theme - Super Street Fighter II]
20 Fight Like a Rich Snob [Karin's Theme - Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 3]
21 Shienkyaku Upskirt [Sakura's Theme - Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2 along with Fei Long's Theme - Super Street Fighter II]
22 Juri's Theme 8 Bit [Juri's Theme - Super Street Fighter IV]
23 Victory... [SORRY! I can't recognize the source]

And the names on the list of Disc 11, in the composer field?
The disc name is FAN ORIGINAL.
Then those songs were created for those people... right?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:35 PM

Has anyone managed to figure out what song "Victory..." is supposed to be an arrangement of? Also if someone could be more specific of which tracks "World Warriorz" arranges, I would be very grateful!

EDIT: Was just listening to this and it would seem disc 8, track 16 is an arrangement of the Final Fight opening theme, which was composed by Manami Matsumae, or am I wrong?

Last edited by Damned; Jul 12, 2021 at 08:21 PM.