VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 3, 2018, 05:41 AM

1) Anyone have heard or have any info about S.S.H.'s track めかぞんびのテーマ (Mechazombie Theme) on this album?

This track had already been publicly released for free by S.S.H. in the past:

めかぞんびのテーマ (4:00 / 5.5 MB)
Artist: S.S.H.(ネジ式)
Date: 2004
Composer: S.S.H.
Genre: Industrial Rock

However, the track time differs (4:00 vs the 5:11 on this album).

2) How rare is this album?

3) Are the track times accurate? No track times on the album documentation so I assume someone owns the actual CD.

4) What is the concept of this album/idea behind this album? The spine card references DTMer. Apparently that is a Japanese-exclusive acronym that stands for "desk top music" so a "DTMer" is someone that produces music using a personal computer (which applies to the artists on this album).

5) Fxxkボウイ - is that what I think it is lol. (from the liner notes).

Last edited by layzee; Feb 3, 2018 at 05:53 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 06:44 AM

I'm pretty sure this was an album where JOYH-TV from SEPIA-SIS solely remixed various original tracks that were composed by himself and his DTMer friends (except track 14 remixed by Yu-), meaning that track 10 was originally composed by Saitama Saisyu Heiki, but the work on the CD is only JOYH-TV's remix of it. I don't have the CD, so I don't know for sure, but a cross-fade demo of the album can be found here (https://soundcloud.com/joyh-tv/dear-...nds-closs-fade) and track 10 sounds a lot like JOYH-TV's remixing style to me.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 07:35 AM

Have we communicated before? I vaguely remember seeing your username before, or maybe it's just my imagination.

Anyway, thanks for the link to the SoundCloud demo tracks. Just wanted to confirm S.S.H.'s involvement (or in this case, lack of) in some of these earlier albums and yes you are correct that this is an arrange album of the various artists' works.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 04:05 PM

Ah yes, we've talked before through VGMdb and on your YouTube channel (about Hellion Sounds and that one Unreal Tournament themed album "Let's GOH" I think)
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polygon298 View Post
Ah yes, we've talked before through VGMdb and on your YouTube channel (about Hellion Sounds and that one Unreal Tournament themed album "Let's GOH" I think)
Yes, that's it, I knew it I saw it from somewhere. Anyway, I sent you a PM regarding your YouTube comment.