VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:57 PM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Wow, i never heard of that homebrew game but that's an impressive job done there.
Resulting in a huge 64 bits memory cartridge, and becoming the unique genesis game that use the cart port AND the CD support for music at the same time.

Package of the game is also top quality.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
Wow, i never heard of that homebrew game but that's an impressive job done there.
Resulting in a huge 64 bits memory cartridge, and becoming the unique genesis game that use the cart port AND the CD support for music at the same time.

Package of the game is also top quality.
Did you actually purchase the game? I would be interested to learn more about it. Unfortunately, I no longer have a Genesis. I really wish this was released for PC or some modern console (if that were possible). Also, I would like to hear thoughts on the soundtrack.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:33 AM

Just want to be a bit nit-picky with something -

Quote:
Disc 4 is our famous Enhanced Soundtrack Disc, the Mega-CD/Sega CD disc to be played with any Pier Solar cartridge.
As VGMdb is meant an information database, wouldn't it be better if this was written in a more neutral tone?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:50 AM
VGMdb Staff

It does kinda stand out...
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:53 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar View Post
Did you actually purchase the game? I would be interested to learn more about it.
No i did not buy the game (yet) but i saw photos of the "old" package and the manual & stuff was pretty nice.
I can't talk about the music neither. But a part of the soundtrack was released freely on their website before (links are dead now), i guess it's available somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
As VGMdb is meant an information database, wouldn't it be better if this was written in a more neutral tone?
Ah i am sorry, i copy/pasted that information from their official website. I'll change that.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:58 PM
VGMdb Advisor

It seems like the game itself comes with an "enhanced soundtrack disc". For now I refrained from making an entry of it, but here are some scans, courtesy of ScHlAuChi:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/obyeizgw3b...33774.zip?dl=1

Last edited by Nisto; Mar 6, 2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 07:12 AM

Added a breakdown to the notes, though there seem to be some discrepancies between the names (Tulio Adriano vs Tulio Gonçalves, Megadriver vs Nino MegaDriver). Not sure which is more correct in these cases; all I know is that these are the credits as provided by the soundtrack on Steam.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 05:45 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I added all the missing scans for this album: sealed front & back of case, back side of insert, all four trays, disc 3, the left and right interior of the Digipak (which has the track list), and the back of the Obi.